And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Eddie Teach

Cheesiest scene I've seen in a while.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on February 06, 2016, 05:03:31 AM
Quote from: katmai on February 06, 2016, 12:13:05 AM
Quote from: celedhring on February 05, 2016, 05:31:40 PM
47 Ronin was passable as dumb entertainment. Seen worse.
Like Hudson Hawk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8KvM3vZo0w

tHE BRILLIANCE

The song was better used in the TV show Out Of This World, and the show sucked.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Another thing, I can now see why Bruce Willis' vanity album is such a joke.

celedhring

We are having a small debate over at Spanish EUOT about the worst sequel ever, understood as the largest drop in quality versus the original. What's your opinion?

Die Hard 5
Batman & Robin
Rocky V
Basic Instinct 2
Robocop 3
Exorcist 2: The Heretic

Are some of the candidates... what's Languish take on it?

Syt

IMHO Die Hard 5, though good candidates all around.

Batman & Robin comes away the best, I think. Yes, it's a horrible movie, but it's main failing was trying to return to the silly camp of the Adam West Batman show without reaching the original's childish joy. It had a few good songs in its soundtrack, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

Rambo II/First Blood part II since it totally betrayed the first movie and defined Rambo in popular culture. Rambo III is hilarious though.
Superman IV, thanks to Cannon. As for Death Wish sequels, they get a pass since they work well in a so bad it's good way; Deathwish 3 has to be seen to be believed. ;)
Jaws sequels from the 3rd on. Amityville sequels? Not great to begin with.
Matrix sequels too, of course.
Highlander II, specially the cinema cut, but the recut does not save it. Highlander III, IV and V get honourable mentions for bad sequels. :)

In the B or Z-movie genre, I'd say Troll 2 for instance.

Tonitrus

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on February 06, 2016, 07:20:46 AM
Batman & Robin

That's a very bad movie, but what was the original? I nominate Temple of Doom, while not being a bad movie it still is remarkably worse than the original.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Die Hard 5 is definitely up there.

Dishonorable mentions for battle of the five armies, Prometheus, Die Another Day.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Liep on February 06, 2016, 08:17:45 AM
Batman & Robin

That's a very bad movie, but what was the original? I nominate Temple of Doom, while not being a bad movie it still is remarkably worse than the original.

Temple of Doom was far better than Crystal Skull.

celedhring

Batman & Robin

Burton's Batman, I'd say. But you have a point since it's not connected to those.

DIAF for dissing Temple of Doom in a saga that includes Crystal Skull.

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on February 06, 2016, 08:23:41 AM
Batman & Robin

Burton's Batman, I'd say. But you have a point since it's not connected to those.

DIAF for dissing Temple of Doom in a saga that includes Crystal Skull.

It wasn't a dis, it was more of a praise to Raiders of the Lost Ark. Also, I briefly forgot about Crystal Skull.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Quote from: Liep on February 06, 2016, 08:26:01 AM
Also, I briefly forgot about Crystal Skull.

I don't blame you. My gripe with that movie is not so much that it is a bad movie, but more that it is so utterly forgettable.
—Stephen Jay Gould