News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

After misgivings with the first two episodes I gave Last Kingdom another go and....you know, it gets rather good.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Need some help on HBO GO.  I've watched nine episodes of The Wire.  When I try to watch the 10th, it plays for about 15 seconds then gives me gray screen about the video not working and check my internet connection.  I've watched several episodes of Game of Thrones without problem, but every time I go back to The Wire i get the same thing.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

I confess that I've thought people who watch shows and movies on computer were a bunch of mooks, but the picture quality is really good.

Liep

I don't know if it's similar to our HBO Nordic but when it get stuck it helps to delete the cookies.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on February 07, 2016, 01:11:33 PM
I don't know if it's similar to our HBO Nordic but when it get stuck it helps to delete the cookies.

Remind me how to do that.  I'm on Firefox.

Liep

Usually it's ctrl+shift+del
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

katmai

No luck on google search and never had that happen to me Yi. :(
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

Have you tried a superior browser such as Chrome?

Josquius

Rather than switching browser full time (though suprised people still use firefox)trying something else, even ie for this, could be worth a shot
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

If it's the browser, why would one show be working and not the other?

Eddie Teach

It may be a problem on the server. Corrupted file or something.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 07, 2016, 11:39:04 PM
If it's the browser, why would one show be working and not the other?
an extension/addon present in one browser but not in the other or of different versions; the way some protocols are handled by a browser over another, a bug present in one version of one browser but currently corrected in another browser's version, etc, etc, etc.

As Tyr said, it does not hurt to try it once.  If it is still not working, it's likely a server issue.  Wait one day, then e-mail HBO Go support if it's not repaired.

Edit:
Fixed :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

katmai

E-mailing Netflix won't do shit viper :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Josquius

The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out Of The Window And Disappeared- How about that for a title. Forced quite some shift key action on me.
Hard to classify. At first the mood put me in mind of a Swedish version of Amelie. Though it becomes more of a Swedish Forest Gump with lots of flashbacks to the life of this stupid guy with a love of blowing things up where he ends up getting drunk with Franco and Stalin and working on the Manhatten Project. So yes. Swedish Forest Gump crossed with Snatch.
Pretty good.
██████
██████
██████