News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Weeks ago the Spanish public telly mixed up Al Qaeda and the Rebel Alliance. It seems they might have had a point afterall.

lustindarkness

I remember the good old days when we would pay for one movie and watch three different ones in a row. Of course, back then they did not clean the theater between screenings either.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

celedhring

Quote from: lustindarkness on December 15, 2015, 03:45:04 PM
I remember the good old days when we would pay for one movie and watch three different ones in a row. Of course, back then they did not clean the theater between screenings either.

Yeah, when I was a kid we used to do that a lot. What is more, often our local theatre wouldn't show the same movie throughout the day, so we would watch three different flicks for just one admission.

Liep

Just took a Star Wars quiz and only got 50%, the accompanying line was: "It's probably time you watch all the movies one more time."

ARGHHH!!!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

In the good old days you went to the grindhouses dear to Tarantino? Or prOn cinemas?  :P

lustindarkness

We did not have much $, so the dollar theater was our favorite. The amount of popcorn and spilled drinks on the floor made it just as bad. The guy that did the cleaning did it only once after closing.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Savonarola

A Throw of the Dice (1929)

This is a German-Indian production directed by Franz Osten (who directed Indian films from 1924 until he was arrested by the British in 1939.)  This is a lavish spectacle loosely based on the Mahabharata; where two princes, Ranjit and Sohan, love gambling and the same woman, Sunita.  The villainous Sohan gets Ranjit suckered into a crooked game of Parcheesi and Ranjit loses everything; yet soon Sohan's villainy is revealed and all is resolved.  The film is a lavish production with an enormous cast and even features the first on screen kiss in Indian cinema.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

viper37

with those multiplex theaters, you could still easily do it for less popular movies.  They check your ticket once at entry.  After the 1st movie, get out of the room, grab something to eat, and pick another movie that won't have a full crowd, so they never check tickets.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

dps

Quote from: katmai on December 15, 2015, 07:46:42 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 15, 2015, 06:35:51 PM
Quote from: Liep on December 15, 2015, 06:09:10 PM
Luther is back. :w00t:

What? Better not be fucking around  :mad:
He isn't.

Are they making a whole season?  I thought it was just a one-off special.

capturedfairy

So what is it that Im supposed to wear?? :hmm: