News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Did the Warcraft movie trailer get posted? It looks terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rxoz13Bthc

It looks like a WoW cinematic, but with real actors playing the human characters. All the rest is bad CGI.

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on November 07, 2015, 08:04:21 AM

It looks like a WoW cinematic, but with real actors playing the human characters. All the rest is bad CGI.

I saw it and considered posting it, but it doesn't look very good at all.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

QuoteA new Star Wars trailer for the Japanese market, still no Luke

https://youtu.be/SdAUiyeJMFQ
Do we know who is voicing masked man?

Meh, looks watchable, though I shan't be rushing to the cinema.

1: A Warcraft movie? Thats a few years too late no?
2: Seems to be based on the original game? That's cool.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on November 07, 2015, 09:26:38 AM

Do we know who is voicing masked man?

I suppose it's Adam Driver? He plays the part and I don't think we're looking at a David Prowse/James Earl Jones deal here.

Razgovory

Quote from: Liep on November 07, 2015, 08:05:57 AM

Yeah, that's terrible.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Razgovory on November 07, 2015, 10:00:07 AM
Quote from: Liep on November 07, 2015, 08:05:57 AM

Yeah, that's terrible.
I agree with him. Raz is right.
PDH!

Martinus

It actually looks worse than the trailer for the next expansion. :P

Barrister

There's never been a movie based on a video game that was worth a damn.  Warcraft doesn't look like it's going to break that trend.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

Travis Fimmel is hot, though.

garbon

Loving Aziz Ansari's new show.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Speaking of Star Wars.

Saw the "new" trilogy on sale at HMV so decided to pick it up on Blu Ray. Haven't watched any of them  since their theatrical release.

So 16 year old girl manning the counter asks me if I'm "excited" about the new movie. And I sez "yes...was 12 when the original came out, looking forward to this."

So then, I ask her "have you seen any of them."

And she says "No not yet. But I got my tickets for the movie. I'm so excited."

Which I didn't get. But I guess this new Star Wars is going to be the "hot item" sort of like a Justin Beiber concert. Sort of the "in thing to do for teens?"

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on November 07, 2015, 10:46:19 AM
There's never been a movie based on a video game that was worth a damn.  Warcraft doesn't look like it's going to break that trend.

The way they mix CGI with the outlandish costumes plays tricks on my eyes.  I have a hard time focusing on what I'm looking at.  I think after 30 minutes of that my head would hurt.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: Barrister on November 07, 2015, 10:46:19 AM
No American ones (though there were some that were vaguely watchable).
A few in Japan though, mostly anime but some live action, Phoenix Wright for instance.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

What's the least terrible videogame film? (I'm not sure the term "best" applies here). Prince of Persia? The first Tomb Raider flick? Silent Hill? I'd say those three are on par with your run-of-the-mill dumb summer blockbuster/horror flick.