News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 21, 2015, 10:00:50 AM
Talking about Star Wars, I won't watch it in Imax, that shit gives me motion sickness. Should I do 3D?

I *think* the 3d is only shown on IMAX.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Barrister on October 21, 2015, 10:30:40 AM
Talking about Star Wars, I won't watch it in Imax, that shit gives me motion sickness. Should I do 3D?

I *think* the 3d is only shown on IMAX.

Nope. I checked my local non-imax theather when I posted the question.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

viper37

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on October 20, 2015, 05:53:56 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on October 20, 2015, 04:49:16 PM
No it wouldn't.  It'd be the dumbest thing since Midiclorians.  I'd boycott every movie Jar Jar Abrams touched for the rest of his life if that was what they came up with.

Adding some to Beeb's speculation:

[spoiler]I stumbled across a theory that the Big Bad is one of the Solo twins,  That could play into the balance thing: one of Leia's kids goes light, the other goes dark.  Plus, it seems Luke has already been seen in Jedi robes in some behind-the-scenes shots.  I doubt he would be the Big Bad in that case.[/spoiler]
that is straight from the books.  Leia and Han had 3 kids, one died in a war, one turns dark, one becomes a Jedi master hunting the other twin.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

TWD - another great episode.  [spoiler]They did a good job foreshadowing that Carl's girl was the mole.  Nice scene where she pulls out the knife and then decides to let Carl live.  Great writing this season.  But my bet is most of the audience will most appreciate the up tempo action of these early episodes after the build up which seemed to last the whole of last season. [/spoiler]

So speculation time - where did the Wolves come from.  The hint we have is that they were not given a choice but were somehow forced into living this way.  Outcasts from another larger community?  Outcast from this community?

Savonarola

The Chaser (1928)

Harry Langdon's second film, this one actually has jokes in it.  Langdon spends his nights out, so his wife files for divorce.  The judge instead gives a novel solution, instead of granting him a divorce Langdon will spend his time at home doing his wife's work, while she goes out and works.  Hilarity ensues.

Stan Laurel  :bowler: might have been able to make this film work.  Langdon still isn't comfortable as a director.  He lingers way too long over shots.  It's okay when the camera is on Langdon, his slow brand of humor requires time.  On the other characters it just doesn't work out.  This is most notable when he's filming the wife and mother-in-law; a few seconds of one of them chewing out Langdon would have been funny; five minutes of it makes them look like a sadists.  It makes the film even more misogynistic than the premise would suggest.

Langdon would go on to direct one more film, "Heart Trouble," which is lost to us.  After that his career was over and he spent his time in bit parts and poverty row shorts.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Admiral Yi

I watched Mad Max in 3D and it didn't puke me out.  Then again it wasn't shot in 3D, and the trailers before the movie did puke me out a little.

crazy canuck

I have the same problem.  I get sick just watching FPS games.  But since Avatar, the new 3D tech does not bother me.

Berkut

Man, I would love to go see the new Star Wars with all you dumbasses.

That would be pretty awesome.

edit: Until one of you started spoilering TWD during the pre-views, anyway. :berkut:
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on October 21, 2015, 02:25:32 PM

That would be pretty cool.   :cool:

Now I'm stuck.  I could go with Mrs B.  She's game, but not super interested.  I could take Timmy - he quite liked Ep 4 & 5 (haven't found the right time for 6), but there's a risk in taking a kid to a movie that I'm going to wind up missing a bunch of it.

I could wait till my brother is in town (or I visit him), but that could mean waiting weeks and I'm afraid it would get spoiled for me by then.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

Well, the odds of me being up in Edmonton again are quite low.

Ask the Other Edmonton Languishite to go with you...

0 rows returned

viper37

edit: Until one of you started spoilering TWD during the pre-views, anyway. :berkut:
all you have to do is drive up to Montreal! :P

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Berkut

Quote from: viper37 on October 21, 2015, 02:45:47 PM

all you have to do is drive up to Montreal! :P

I would not want to watch it in French, sorry.

0 rows returned

Valmy

I watched the re-release of Empire Strikes Back in French.

Yoda, je suis.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Berkut on October 21, 2015, 02:55:41 PM
I would not want to watch it in French, sorry.
I did say Montreal, did I not? ;)

Besides, it's Star Wars.  What could be so difficult to understand??  :P

I'm seeing it in English, in one of these (well, the only one in Quebec, afaik) VIP cinemas where they serve food and alcohol.

lustindarkness

That would be awesome. :punk::nerd:

TWD spoilers: :nelson:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom