News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Narcos is very good.  The only problem is sometimes the subtitles are hard to read in a bright background.

viper37

Anyone watched Quantico?  Critics seems to like it, and it was shot in my old university, in Sherbrooke.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain

Critics are like assholes; everyone is one.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Been watching "Survivor's Remorse" on Starz.  I like it.

I've also noticed, that in my life, I've liked lots of black-oriented/targeted TV shows...but am just about as white as one can get.  Is there something wrong with me? :hmm:

Eddie Teach

Not if you mean the Cosby Show and the Fresh Prince of Belair.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PRC

Canadian Netflix has the documentary "Red Army" ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3264102/ ).  Primarily Slava Fetisov narrating his experience in the Soviet Red Army hockey system... great viewing.

Admiral Yi

Just watched Moses vs. Ramses, Grudge Match.  Wasn't as ridiculous as I thought it would be.  The plagues were quite well done I thought.  The part where they revised the book were the weakest parts IMO.

Valmy

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 28, 2015, 09:54:47 PM
Been watching "Survivor's Remorse" on Starz.  I like it.

I've also noticed, that in my life, I've liked lots of black-oriented/targeted TV shows...but am just about as white as one can get.  Is there something wrong with me? :hmm:

No. Lots of white people enjoy shows oriented and targeted towards other races.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

Good start.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

The X-Files new seasons trailer:

https://youtu.be/_1SmJUBT5q0

Seems like the worst parts of the later seasons. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on September 30, 2015, 05:52:42 AM

I got hard.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

11B4V

Quote from: Liep on September 30, 2015, 05:52:42 AM

:blurgh: It has Scully. She is still a hottie and Gillian was great in The Falling.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 29, 2015, 12:44:05 AM
Just watched Moses vs. Ramses, Grudge Match.  Wasn't as ridiculous as I thought it would be.  The plagues were quite well done I thought.  The part where they revised the book were the weakest parts IMO.

Overall....shitty
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

Is this the Exodus flick? I couldn't even sit through it, was too boring.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

I thought it had its moments, maybe like one tiny step above mediocre.  It's no Ten Commandments, obviously.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)