News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Veep. :lol:

Great finale by the best comedic cast on TV right now. Who knew American electoral rules could be so fun?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Uma Thurman and John Malkovich on the set of Dangerous Liaisons:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on June 15, 2015, 07:34:44 AM
Sometimes it's fun to re-visit TV shows. Watched the first two episodes of Band of Brothers again. In the second episode, Pvt Hall from Able Co. suddenly looked familiar. "Oh, hi Moriarty!" :lol:

Works with movies too. Saving Private Ryan is spectacular on that regard.  :lol:

Syt

Oh yeah. "Holy crap, it's Nathan Fillion!"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on June 15, 2015, 08:43:52 AM
Oh yeah. "Holy crap, it's Nathan Fillion!"

Wow. That clip makes me feel old.

'No damn way Saving Private Ryan happened that long ago...oh crap it did'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Texas Rising.

Not so bad.  Could have been better, but it's not bore like Hatfield and McCoys.
Can't judge of the historicity though, I don't know nearly enough about this part of the world at that time :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Caught a little bit of the Red Dawn remake.  They sure did shoot the shit out of the bad guys.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on June 15, 2015, 08:19:06 AM
Uma Thurman and John Malkovich on the set of Dangerous Liaisons:

Where's Keanu? :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Back in the 80s I had a thing for Uma. When she popped out of that shell in Baron Munchausen.... :licklips:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on June 16, 2015, 09:32:14 AM
Back in the 80s I had a thing for Uma. When she popped out of that shell in Baron Munchausen.... :licklips:

:yes:

lustindarkness

The Grand Budapest Hotel, great stuff.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

Ooh, look at Mr. Pointy Head with his hoity toity movie tastes.

katmai

Jurassic World.

Mindless summer entertainment. B-
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

The Box Trolls- Silly but original.
Donnie Brasco(repeat viewing)- Pacino at his best. Depp was alright too.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?