And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

I haven't seen Anchorman  :Embarrass:

Liep

43. Might have missed a few because I don't know the English titles. Movies from before the 90's all had their titles translated to Danish.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

About 68.  A lot of the boxes didn't check for me.

Brazil is a comedy?  :huh:

celedhring

Indeed it is, it's the comedic version of 1984.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: The Larch on June 01, 2015, 06:33:43 AM
How many of the best 100 comedy movies of all time (according to Time Out) have you seen?

http://www.timeout.com/london/film/100-best-comedy-movies-how-many-have-you-seen

I'm at 60 myself, give or take, although I have problems identifying them by their English titles sometimes. Titles of comedy films have been historically butchered in their Spanish versions.
34.  Most of them weren't funny, especially the older ones, like Pink Panther.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

QuoteMost of them weren't funny, especially the older ones, like Pink Panther.

Most movie comedies aren't funny. It's hard to keep people laughing for 90 minutes.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on June 01, 2015, 09:33:06 AM
How many of the best 100 comedy movies of all time (according to Time Out) have you seen?

http://www.timeout.com/london/film/100-best-comedy-movies-how-many-have-you-seen

I'm at 60 myself, give or take, although I have problems identifying them by their English titles sometimes. Titles of comedy films have been historically butchered in their Spanish versions.

The Pink Panther movies were hilarious.  Sellers was a master of comedy. 

celedhring

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 01, 2015, 10:24:38 AM
Quote from: viper37 on June 01, 2015, 09:33:06 AM

The Pink Panther movies were hilarious.  Sellers was a master of comedy.

:yes:

The Party, what a rollercoaster.

derspiess

77.  There were a few titles I was completely unfamiliar with.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Some of the earlier Pink Panthers can be a little draggy.

Ideologue

60, with a few more I think I've seen but not in 20 years.  I'm not the biggest comedy guy. (However, I question the utility of a greatest comedies list that has no Ernst Lubitsch or Harold Lloyd. Unless I missed them?)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Martinus

Got 33 but I am sure to have missed some, because I do not remember the title (or watched it originally in Polish and did not know the original title).

Edit: For example, "Some Like It Hot".

Barrister

I got 54.  A few I might have seen as a kid on some cable channel, but I don't remember.  A few I know I've seen, but honestly don't remember much about them.

I've only seen about half of the top ten though.  That actually sounds like a good list of movies I really ought to go see, starting with This is Spinal Tap.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

:blink: I can't believe there are people who have not yet seen Spinal Tap.