News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

More Mad Max Fury Road goodness: "The General"'s famous train chase scene dubbed with Mad Max's soundtrack.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/05/30/mad_max_fury_road_the_general_mashup_buster_keaton_s_classic_train_chase.html

Martinus

Goltzius and the Pelican Company

Four and a half whatever the hell it was* out of five.

*I was going to say "Qabalistic history of art treatises amidst severed heads and naked dicks" but that would be a gross oversimplification.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on May 31, 2015, 03:41:37 PM
Quote from: The Brain on May 31, 2015, 03:38:16 PM
The Pelican Debrief?

:unsure:

Naked dicks + Pelican + movie...?

Jesus Christ, you know I write my own material, right? There's no room that writes for me. You can't expect A stuff.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Caught an episode of Black-ish. Is it racist if I don't like it?

Martinus

Having watched now an interview with Greeneway - is he RH's long lost brother? They are very alike in looks and manner.

celedhring

Quote from: Martinus on May 31, 2015, 03:23:19 PM

*I was going to say "Qabalistic history of art treatises amidst severed heads and naked dicks" but that would be a gross oversimplification.

I'm really looking forward Greenaway's rendition of Hieronymus Bosch, myself. I haven't seen Goltzius but Nightcrawling was pretty great. Certainly a love it or hate it body of work, his.

Josquius

Shutter Island- quite entertaining.... Though a bit of a mundane and all too expected 'shock' ending. Doesn't even make much of an effort to instill doubt
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Quote from: celedhring on May 31, 2015, 05:42:47 PM
Quote from: Martinus on May 31, 2015, 03:23:19 PM

I'm really looking forward Greenaway's rendition of Hieronymus Bosch, myself. I haven't seen Goltzius but Nightcrawling was pretty great. Certainly a love it or hate it body of work, his.

Haven't seen Nightcrawling yet but after Goltzius, I am going to pick it up.

The Larch

How many of the best 100 comedy movies of all time (according to Time Out) have you seen?

http://www.timeout.com/london/film/100-best-comedy-movies-how-many-have-you-seen

I'm at 60 myself, give or take, although I have problems identifying them by their English titles sometimes. Titles of comedy films have been historically butchered in their Spanish versions.

Duque de Bragança

Lots of recent comedies I have not watched since the trailers and teasers were painfully unfunny.

Syt

Only 41. I'm not a cinemaster.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

frunk