News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on May 25, 2015, 12:48:36 PM
Also, flame throwing guitar truck: everything worked - guitar, amps, drums, flame thrower ... (The guy is called "Coma the Doof Warrior" :lol: )

Interview with production designer Colin Gibson on the topic:

http://www.mtv.com/news/2161513/mad-max-fury-road-guitar-player-doof-warrior-colin-gibson/

Awesome.  :D

Love this question:

"was there a concern that a bungee-jumping flame-thrower guitar playing blind mutant in a red onesie riding a car made of amps might be one element too much?"

:lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

lustindarkness

I love the Doof Warrior.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 25, 2015, 03:52:19 PM
I love the Doof Warrior.

You should add one to your unit at work. Would improve morale no end, it would.  :contract:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

lustindarkness

Quote from: Malthus on May 25, 2015, 03:56:29 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on May 25, 2015, 03:52:19 PM
I love the Doof Warrior.

You should add one to your unit at work. Would improve morale no end, it would.  :contract:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

PDH

Watched Mad Max - very good, agree with all the high ratings.

I had been reading that it was being attacked as some sort of feminist movie, but I guess I don't have a problem with bad-ass female characters as well as male characters and I didn't see it as such.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on May 25, 2015, 08:19:55 PM

I had been reading that it was being attacked as some sort of feminist movie, but I guess I don't have a problem with bad-ass female characters as well as male characters and I didn't see it as such.

It was the Mystery/Roosh/Theodore Beale crowd. And their neckbeard followers.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Just watched.  Popped my 3D cherry.

Enjoyed, but just not sure about that plus.

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 25, 2015, 08:22:14 PM

It was the Mystery/Roosh/Theodore Beale crowd. And their neckbeard followers.

Like a one-armed Charlize Theron emasculates anyone.  Just fucking enjoy a movie rather than over-analyze it, fer hods sake.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Syt

In EUOT someone complained about the feminist cliché spouting wives and that grandmas were able to kick warrior butt.

I agree that if that's what someone takes away from the movie, it's their problem, not the movie's.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Finished Season 3 of Modern Family.

I checked around a bit for when the next season might come to Netflix. Turns out it seems unlikely that any other will.

So my options are watching it on a cable backchannel where they're in the middle of Season 5 (dubbed only AFAIK), or buy the DVDs/Stream from Amazon (at €24.99 for season 4 on DVD or €34.99 for download). What is this? The 90s? <_<
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

You have other options...  :ph34r:

Syt

I know. :ph34r:

But they shouldn't be more convenient than the legit way.

I used to be a very prolific downloader of music. Thanks to Spotify that has stopped completely.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

At least you have options, over here we barely have any.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on May 26, 2015, 05:49:09 AM
I know. :ph34r:

But they shouldn't be more convenient than the legit way.

I used to be a very prolific downloader of music. Thanks to Spotify that has stopped completely.

Quote from: Syt on May 26, 2015, 05:39:47 AM
What is this? The 90s? <_<
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Well, there is certainly nothing more feminist than a bunch of scantily-clad supermodels who need rescuing.  :D