News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Finished the second season of Modern Family. Still loving it. Mitchell kinda reminds me of garbon, I think. :hmm: And I just love Ed O'Neill. :D

Unfortunately, Netflix only has the first three seasons so far. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Quote from: Syt on May 20, 2015, 03:39:57 AM
Finished the second season of Modern Family. Still loving it. Mitchell kinda reminds me of garbon, I think. :hmm: And I just love Ed O'Neill. :D

Unfortunately, Netflix only has the first three seasons so far. :(

I've only watched season 1 and one episode from a newer season that I saw last week. Some of the characters really develop quite well... but most stay exactly the same.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

It's a sitcom, character development is beside the point.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 20, 2015, 03:48:13 AM

What I'm trying to say is that it might as well have been season 1 for all I knew except for a certain.. Caliga approved growth in one of the characters.

Not that I'm perving, but it's hard not to notice: :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on May 20, 2015, 03:56:48 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 20, 2015, 03:48:13 AM

What I'm trying to say is that it might as well have been season 1 for all I knew except for a certain.. Caliga approved growth in one of the characters.

Not that I'm perving, but it's hard not to notice: :P

It as quite awkward how the show insisted for a good while on still presenting her character as some kind of nerd orc that boys ignore when it was so painfully obvious how she was turning out.  :lol:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

She's cute, but I prefer her older sister.

celedhring

Mad Max, fantastic. Everything I expected from it and then some. I was giggling like a little kid during the climax, I struggle to think of a film that could match it in the ludicrous rollercoaster stakes.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

lustindarkness

Quote from: celedhring on May 20, 2015, 01:43:40 PM
Mad Max, fantastic. Everything I expected from it and then some. I was giggling like a little kid during the climax, I struggle to think of a film that could match it in the ludicrous rollercoaster stakes.

A+ right? Right? With a +, not just A. A+.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Martinus

So, Arrow writers. Look at your colleagues next door writing for Flash. That's how you do a motherfucking season finale.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 20, 2015, 01:58:13 PM
Quote from: celedhring on May 20, 2015, 01:43:40 PM

A+ right? Right? With a +, not just A. A+.

Dunno about letter grades, but to me it presents a pretty unassailable case for being included in the canon of best action movies of all time.

Ideologue

Well, anyway, I'm watching it again this Sunday. :)

Currently piqued for Tomorrowland, tho. (And Poltergeist v2.0 just snuck up on us.)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Why the Big Lebowski is secretly about Alice in Wonderland...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8lAF12OF1c