News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on May 13, 2015, 06:48:32 PM
Popples though apparently the internet has informed me that Netflix will be debuting a reboot tv series. Scraping bottom of the barrel much? :D

I actually enjoyed the ReBoot tv show at the time.  For a kids show (when I was in my 20s) it suddenly developed a multiple-show story arc.  It was rather interesting.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Quote from: celedhring on May 14, 2015, 06:39:45 PM
Seen Ex Machina; a bit disappointed. It's a decent film, but I probably got caught in the hype. There's just lots of navel-gazing and mumbo-jumbo to dress up what's ultimately a rather basic vamp girl story.

Harumph.

Quote from: LustiMad Mad Fury Road. Visually beautiful, perfect music, brutal non stop chase through the desert. Go and watch it.

Yes; nah; it does stop a fair amount.  But overall I agree.  It's pretty great. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Martinus

Having watched season 3 to its finish, I gotta say Arrow has exhausted its premise.

Of that universe, I'd like to see Flash, Atom [spoiler](presuming he is not dead)[/spoiler], Malcolm and Felicity Smoak (presuming she gets over Arrow and starts being smart again) but I'm over Oliver Queen or John Diggle.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

lustindarkness

So my son had been wondering just how much was spent making Mad Max Fury Road, a quick google tells me it is estimated anywhere between 100 and 150 million big dolares.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

Lusti, what's the last movie you watched that didn't have any cars going fast in it? :hmm:

lustindarkness

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 15, 2015, 08:31:40 AM
Lusti, what's the last movie you watched that didn't have any cars going fast in it? :hmm:

Age of Ultron, but it did have a short bike chasing a truck scene.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Syt

Harry Shearer to leave The Simpsons: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-32733873

QuoteThe Simpsons actor Harry Shearer to leave the show

Harry Shearer, who voices Ned Flanders and Mr Burns in The Simpsons, is to leave the show after more than 25 years following a dispute with producers.

Executive producer Al Jean said in a statement to the New York Times that Shearer had turned down a new pay deal.

The show "will go on" and the actor's characters will be recast, Jean added.

Shearer took to Twitter to say the decision "wasn't about money" and that signing up to a new series would have stopped him from doing other work.

The 71-year-old provided the voice for addled school principal Seymour Skinner as well as rapacious millionaire Montgomery Burns and Ned Flanders, Homer Simpson's chipper neighbour.

Shearer signalled his exit on Twitter by claiming that a lawyer for executive producer James L Brooks said: "Show will go on, Harry will not be part of it, wish him the best."

In a follow-up tweet, Shearer added: "This because I wanted what we've always had: The freedom to do other work. Of course, I wish him the very best."

In response, Al Jean wrote: "Harry Shearer was offered the same deal the rest of the cast accepted, and passed.

"The show will go on and we wish him well. Maggie took it hard.

"We do not plan to kill off characters like Burns and Flanders but will recast with the finest voiceover talent available."

Last week, the Fox network confirmed it had commissioned two more series :lol: of the long-running animated sitcom.

According to reports at the time, Shearer had yet to sign a new contract.

On Thursday, the actor stressed that he had no plans to retire, adding: "On to new stuff..."

His other roles have included bass player Derek Smalls in rock "mockumentary" This is Spinal Tap.

The Simpsons has been on air since 1989, and the new series will take the total number of episodes to 625.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on May 15, 2015, 10:55:44 AM
Harry Shearer to leave The Simpsons: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-32733873

QuoteThe Simpsons actor Harry Shearer to leave the show

Last week, the Fox network confirmed it had commissioned two more series :lol: of the long-running animated sitcom.

According to reports at the time, Shearer had yet to sign a new contract.

On Thursday, the actor stressed that he had no plans to retire, adding: "On to new stuff..."

His other roles have included bass player Derek Smalls in rock "mockumentary" This is Spinal Tap.

The Simpsons has been on air since 1989, and the new series will take the total number of episodes to 625.
Tyr will be relieved to know that the BBC still uses series in the British sense, and rightly so.  :P

Grey Fox

It is right in being wrong, yes.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

I didn't know he was 71.  They should have put this to bed years ago.  Like after season 7.  Or maybe 5.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

celedhring

This guy is in his 70s, but the rest of the cast is still in his 50-60s, Fox will relish the chance to get 20 more years out of them.

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 13, 2015, 06:31:41 PM
Are there any 80s shows left that they haven't trashed yet? Gummi Bears, maybe?

Tales of the Gold Monkey?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: Razgovory on May 15, 2015, 11:20:23 AM

Disney's Talespin.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Syt on May 15, 2015, 11:50:33 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 15, 2015, 11:20:23 AM

Disney's Talespin.
Yes.  I enjoyed both.
PDH!