News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

I don't know; the film does look interesting but he's still overacting while wearing a lot of makeup in that scene.

Martinus

Quote from: celedhring on April 24, 2015, 02:45:05 AM
I don't know; the film does look interesting but he's still overacting while wearing a lot of makeup in that scene.

Isn't "overacting while wearing a lot of makeup" essentially a description of every Depp's performance?

celedhring

Yeah, that was the point.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: celedhring on April 24, 2015, 02:45:05 AM
That's how Whitey Bulger rolled.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

The Imitation Game. Entertaining, though I feel they talked up the importance a bit much.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

To his credit, Depp does have some great subdued performances (he was brilliant in Donnie Brasco, for example), but he seems to have lost his ability to slip into something that's not larger than life since the Pirate movies.

Syt

Dead Man remains one of my favorite Depp movies, really.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

The 21st century is the worst century.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 23, 2015, 10:47:16 PM
Quote from: Malthus on April 23, 2015, 03:04:37 PM
Well, I certainly don't know it. And I'm not about to google "gay otter", either.  :P

Care to fill me in?

:yeahright:

The term has come up at least half a dozen times on this forum.

I guess I don't have your bear-trap-like memory for gay slang.  :)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

It isn't very hard to parse out if you know what a bear is.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.