And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 23, 2015, 03:43:54 PM
Quote from: Malthus on April 23, 2015, 03:32:24 PM
I was thinking more of stuff that describes a physical type, like "bear" or "otter".

"Spinner."

Never heard that one.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Malthus on April 23, 2015, 03:54:16 PM
Never heard that one.

Little tiny girl you can set on your dick and spin around.

Sheilbh

Again more about the described than described. In this case Yi, who likes to make up his own slang.
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 23, 2015, 03:56:53 PM
Again more about the described than described. In this case Yi, who likes to make up his own slang.
:hmm:

Sheilbh

Deacriber. Autocorrect. Soz.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 23, 2015, 03:56:53 PM

Sure do.  Didn't make up this one.

crazy canuck

I guess I cant claim to know some gay slang now

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on April 23, 2015, 03:31:20 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 22, 2015, 04:59:39 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 22, 2015, 04:52:13 PM
Quote from: celedhring on April 22, 2015, 04:42:23 AM
There's a Galaxy Quest series in the works. I love the movie, but I'm not sure you can stretch the joke to 22 episodes.

http://deadline.com/2015/04/galaxy-quest-series-paramount-television-1201413544/

:bleeding:

Screw that - they need to get going on another Star Trek series. :mad:

The only way I can see it working is if they don't dwell too much in the "they are only actors!" shtick and it ends up being a more lighthearted version of Star Trek.

Or maybe not.
Maybe it could be both?
The show within a show is well developed in its own right but they also cut away to off set stuff (by day he plays a starship captain on TV, by night he battles aliens)
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

I can see them exploring the show and their afterlives more.

Another wonderful Inside No 9 :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 23, 2015, 03:41:06 PMThey tend to be lovely as a group.

I don't know as a group, but the two friends I have who are in that scene are possibly the loveliest couple I've ever known.

Ideologue

Quote from: Martinus on April 23, 2015, 03:30:32 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on April 23, 2015, 03:24:16 PM
Glad I'm not mainstream then.

Why not?

Because homophobia is rad and edgy and hip, I guess.

Quote from: Yi"Spinner."

For the record, a real term.  Definition: the holy grail I've been denied almost all my adult life.  C'est la vie. -_-
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Malthus on April 23, 2015, 03:04:37 PM
Well, I certainly don't know it. And I'm not about to google "gay otter", either.  :P

Care to fill me in?

:yeahright:

The term has come up at least half a dozen times on this forum.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

Birdman. It was ok, but disappointing, considering it's supposed to be the best film of the year. Of course, Hollywood loves movies about actors.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: celedhring on April 23, 2015, 03:31:20 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 22, 2015, 04:59:39 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 22, 2015, 04:52:13 PM
Quote from: celedhring on April 22, 2015, 04:42:23 AM
There's a Galaxy Quest series in the works. I love the movie, but I'm not sure you can stretch the joke to 22 episodes.

http://deadline.com/2015/04/galaxy-quest-series-paramount-television-1201413544/

:bleeding:

Screw that - they need to get going on another Star Trek series. :mad:

The only way I can see it working is if they don't dwell too much in the "they are only actors!" shtick and it ends up being a more lighthearted version of Star Trek.

Or maybe not.

The only way I see is dumping it and going with a Fire Fly restart or another Trek.

GQ was stupid.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point