News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

It's not like they can shoot you through the screen.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Beetlejuice. 27 years on it holds up.

KRonn

KRonn

A Million Ways to Die in the West. Funny stuff, I like this movie. Not great but I like the humor in it.

celedhring

So, it looks like Lynch is pulling out of directing Twin Peaks.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 05, 2015, 04:09:32 PM
I thought Divergent was crap.  Hunger Games ripoff with an even stupider back story and a female lead who is sorta on the plain side.

I saw both (take that, Ide!) and other than the fact they are both coming-of-age stories set in a dystopian post-apocalyptic future with an action-oriented teen-female lead and a star-crossed romance plot, they are really quite different.   ;)

HG has a much better cast, which at times almost rescues it from a comically awful script.  Almost, but not.

Divergent almost sucked me in with the premise - a kind of riff on the Platonic inquiry on how to build the ideal city.  Had it explored that theme with even a touch of subtlety, it might have held some interest -- instead it went off in the least interesting direction possible, I guess in a bid to hold the interest of even the most severely ADD viewers.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

Enough of that drivel.  Did you think the lead was cute or not?

lustindarkness

So, any of you movie snobs watched Furious 7 yet?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

Quote from: lustindarkness on April 06, 2015, 01:05:15 PM

I may waste time on Languish but that doesn't mean that I consider my time to be completely worthless.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

my nephews watched it. I...hung out in the concessions area.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

I don't go to movie theatres.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Is it one step closer to that holy grail of movies - a movie that is nothing but stuff blowing up?  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius