And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on April 05, 2015, 03:01:06 PM
So, Divergent. Is it watchable?

Yeah, I mean like I said the plot has a lot of things that don't make a ton of sense, but it is entertaining.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

I thought Divergent was crap.  Hunger Games ripoff with an even stupider back story and a female lead who is sorta on the plain side.

Admiral Yi

Plus Ashely Judd looks like she went a couple rounds in a cage match.

celedhring

The problem with the Hunger Games films, besides the cartoonish setting, is that until the Hunger Games themselves begin, they are pretty damn boring and preachy.

celedhring

So far Divergent feels like a bad Heartbreak Ridge remake minus Eastwood's character. They even steal the bit where the shitty underdog troop beats the elite dudes in a war game.

celedhring

Finished. I mostly agree with Yi's appraisal of the film. Most of it doesn't make a iota of sense, either.

It also features the largest amount of scenes of characters running behind trains I have seen in recent times. It's like a fetish.

katmai

Quote from: Ideologue on March 27, 2015, 07:28:11 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on March 26, 2015, 07:57:35 PM
It Follows this past Sunday. Went with three other people. Three of us loved it, the other hated it.

Good horror flick, great little movie. Has a dreamy, nightmarish quality. 5 people slowly following you out of 5.

Came out today here.  Gonna go see it tomorrow morning.  Lots of buzz on this one.
Well mr numbah one critic from South Carolina?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sheilbh

Watching Get Real. Apparently a cult gay classic. More importantly I've met the star a few times as he's now a pretty successful barrister :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: celedhring on April 05, 2015, 05:38:35 PM
Finished. I mostly agree with Yi's appraisal of the film. Most of it doesn't make a iota of sense, either.

It also features the largest amount of scenes of characters running behind trains I have seen in recent times. It's like a fetish.

What did you disagree with?  The cage match? :D

Barrister

At night my wife usually puts on a show from Netflix, and I head downstairs to go on my computer and play some computer game (or just mindlessly surf).  Tonight though she put on Grand Budapest Hotel, and I stayed to watch it.  Mrs B fell asleep on the couch almost immediately, but I stayed awake to watch.

Pretty good.  I haven't seen a ton of Wes Anderson, but of what I have seen this wasn't Royal Tenenbaums good, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

sbr

I just heard about the NWA biopic, and watched the trailers tonight.  Even though I know almost all "based on a true story" Hollywood films end up as a pile of shit I am pretty stoked for this one.  Probably not enough to go to a theater for the first time in 10 years, but maybe enough to go to Redbox for the first time ever.

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 05, 2015, 06:28:00 PM
Quote from: celedhring on April 05, 2015, 05:38:35 PM

What did you disagree with?  The cage match? :D

The main girl is passably attractive.

Eddie Teach

So your objection is that the glass is half full, rather than half empty?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

I'm positive like that. I like seeing the good in people.  :hug:

Grey Fox

Quote from: sbr on April 06, 2015, 12:45:34 AM
I just heard about the NWA biopic, and watched the trailers tonight.  Even though I know almost all "based on a true story" Hollywood films end up as a pile of shit I am pretty stoked for this one.  Probably not enough to go to a theater for the first time in 10 years, but maybe enough to go to Redbox for the first time ever.
I am not sure white man can go watch the NWA biopic in a movie theather and get away with it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.