News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I'll be seeing the next Magic mike on opening day like I did the first. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2015, 12:26:08 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 04, 2015, 12:25:05 PM
22 Jump Street is a wonderful film and Channing Tatum is a saint :ultra:

I'll file this in the "Huckabee for president" folder.

:D

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 04, 2015, 12:43:04 PM
I went to see it in the cinema. It's the only time I've seen a film get a standing ovation (possibly just for the credits sequence which is outstanding).

I was happy when it ended, too.

celedhring

Sorcerer's Apprentice (Nicholas Cage flick) starting on the telly. Is it: as bad as it looks?

Martinus

Quote from: celedhring on April 04, 2015, 03:10:05 PM
Sorcerer's Apprentice (Nicholas Cage flick) starting on the telly. Is it: as bad as it looks?

Oh yes. I enjoyed it though. :P

Mainly because of the genre (I am a sucker for White Wolf's Mage-ish mixes of modern times with magic) and special effects as plot is shit and Nicholas Cage can't act.

Admiral Yi

Smoke a lot of weed.

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 04, 2015, 03:44:25 PM

Smoke a lot of weed.

Good suggestion. So far it's so bad it feels like an unintentional parody.

celedhring

Well, it was indeed quite bad yet strangely entertaining in its ridiculousness.  Plus the Warm Bodies chick is suitably hot.

celedhring

Ooooohhhh... Schwarzenegger's "Raw Deal" coming up now.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

Brent Spiner dressed as Mr. Spock doing the Crispin speech from Henry V. And killing it.

www.freshhellseries.com

Edit: Oh yeah, and Kat Steel.  :perv:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

Quote from: celedhring on April 04, 2015, 02:20:38 PM
I went to see it in the cinema. It's the only time I've seen a film get a standing ovation (possibly just for the credits sequence which is outstanding).

Harumph.

I've been watching Community at the instigation of my girlfriend.  My disdain for the Russo Bros. has largely faded, although I still think Winter Soldier is the weakest Marvel movie of all of them and it's weak that they're going to be taking over the Avengers movies instead of, I dunno, James fucking Gunn.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

viper37

Quote from: Ideologue on April 04, 2015, 10:50:24 PM
Quote from: celedhring on April 04, 2015, 02:20:38 PM

Harumph.

I've been watching Community at the instigation of my girlfriend.  My disdain for the Russo Bros. has largely faded, although I still think Winter Soldier is the weakest Marvel movie of all of them and it's weak that they're going to be taking over the Avengers movies instead of, I dunno, James fucking Gunn.
Rotten Tomatoes gives the movie 89% average positive review.  I personally quite liked the movie.
What is it you thought was wrong?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Winter Soldier or 22 Jump Street?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: celedhring on April 04, 2015, 05:08:20 PM
Well, it was indeed quite bad yet strangely entertaining in its ridiculousness.  Plus the Warm Bodies chick is suitably hot.

Yeah as long as you are stoned or drunk when watching it, it is entertaining. I also like Alfred Molina.