News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on December 19, 2014, 03:05:51 PM
I actually got into Arrow by watching Flash. So at least that didn't escape me.

Me and AmScip (iirc) have been saying for three years now that Arrow is the best thing on television that doesn't have Peter Dinklage in it, how come you don't listen to us?

And, season one is the weakest of the show so far.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on December 19, 2014, 03:11:45 PM
I was banned from here. :P

That would be your own fault then. Also, you weren't banned for the entire three years.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sheilbh

Does anyone else get enraged by the Netflix gnomes? The recommendations never change :weep:

'You've recently watched: The Hunt, The Great Beauty, Sorry, Wrong Number and Hobbit 2. We still think you'd enjoy: House.'

Let's bomb Russia!

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 19, 2014, 04:12:24 PM
Does anyone else get enraged by the Netflix gnomes? The recommendations never change :weep:

'You've recently watched: The Hunt, The Great Beauty, Sorry, Wrong Number and Hobbit 2. We still think you'd enjoy: House.'

I should never have watched that deer show.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 19, 2014, 04:12:24 PM

I'm not enraged, but they do tell me I'd like Metropolis a lot. Lol not so much.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 19, 2014, 04:14:41 PM

I should never have watched that deer show.
I watched all the Marvel films on there. It still only recommended House.

I've watched House :weep: :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

House, M.D., House the American ghost movie, or House the unrelated Japanese haunted house movie?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ideologue on December 19, 2014, 04:19:40 PM
House, M.D., House the American ghost movie, or House the unrelated Japanese haunted house movie?
House MD. University revision :wub:
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Sheilbh

I liked the first couple of series (basically till the team left). Then I quit. Also I had exams coming up and needed to waste less time :blush:

But I think that was when I got a little bit dubious about TV - he says streaming Black Mirror's Christmas special.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

I'm going to try to check out Black Mirror over the weekend. :)

House was great despite every episode (mostly) being the same. I like well-machined genre exercises.
Kinemalogue

The Brain

"I'm on drugs. Btw diagnosis: AIDS."
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

Quote from: Ideologue on December 19, 2014, 05:01:52 PM

House was great despite every episode (mostly) being the same. I like well-machined genre exercises.

It's worth watching, though there are some fairly weak episodes.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sheilbh

Quote from: Habbaku on December 19, 2014, 05:09:46 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 19, 2014, 05:01:52 PM

It's worth watching, though there are some fairly weak episodes.
Which ones did you think were weaker (among my friends there's disagreements :lol:)?

Interestingly the show is hugely popular in China - for a Western drama.

Edit: Also Black Mirror's Christmas special is great.
Let's bomb Russia!