News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on December 18, 2014, 11:52:30 AM
Replace "Jew" with "lawyer" and suddenly everyone is OK with it. People.

Because that would never happen, since lawyers really do run the world.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Its always best to hide in plain sight.

Ideologue

I hide in a former Sears in a failing mall.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

viper37

Quote from: Syt on December 18, 2014, 02:57:37 PM
Guardians of the Galaxy honest trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOyJqGtP-wU

"What are you gonna do? Watch DC?"
I actually agree with pretty much everything he said.  The movie is somewhat funny, but it makes absolutely no sense.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Heard on NPR that Colbert is replacing Letterman.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2014, 05:19:13 PM

Might as well.  Letterman jumped the shark sometime during the Dubya administration.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

frunk

That was announced months ago.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2014, 05:19:13 PM

Catching up on your April podcasts, are you?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 18, 2014, 05:20:37 PM
Might as well.  Letterman jumped the shark sometime during the Dubya administration.

Bah, earlier than that.  Never should've left NBC, even after Carson tapped Leno.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 18, 2014, 05:23:24 PM

Bah, earlier than that.  Never should've left NBC, even after Carson tapped Leno.

Possibly-- his best stuff by far was mid to late 80s.  But he was still watchable in the late 90s.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

I like Letterman better than Leno.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on December 18, 2014, 05:24:58 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 18, 2014, 05:23:24 PM

Possibly-- his best stuff by far was mid to late 80s.  But he was still watchable in the late 90s.

I was about to say...I hope you are confusing Dubya with his dad.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: lustindarkness on December 18, 2014, 05:35:55 PM
I like Letterman better than Leno.

There seems to be a fairly strong split on the Leno-Letterman preference. I wonder what specifically it is that make people feel strongly one way or the other.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Sheilbh

The Hunt. A.

[spoiler]Almost gave a B because redemption. Luckily it didn't cop out.[/spoiler]
Let's bomb Russia!

Tonitrus

At the the time, I much preferred Letterman's humor.  Though from what I gather, Leno is a far more respectable person in terms of their personal life.