News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2014, 08:04:24 PM
The host of The Tonight Show is not supposed to be all that funny.  His job is to make his guests look good.

That makes Jimmy Fallon look really good.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

Really, really going to miss The Colbert Report, since I assume he won't be doing The Late Show using the same character.

Liep

Quote from: celedhring on December 19, 2014, 11:05:55 AM
Really, really going to miss The Colbert Report, since I assume he won't be doing The Late Show using the same character.

Yeah, but it'll be interesting to see as I don't think I've ever seen him out of character.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Yeah, it would be quite funny if it turns out out-of-character he sucks. I mean his character is, to a large degree, based on the premise of Colbert being a pompous fool. What if that part is, in fact, not his creation? :D

crazy canuck

Agreed. 

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 19, 2014, 12:23:22 PM

Agreed.

He won't, he said it a million times. The Colbert pundit is dead. The Real McColbert will host The Late Show.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

Arrow is a really good show. I'm still on the first season, but it is a great example how people are made miserable by their insistence on monogamy. Olivier is clearly a top, Tommy is a bottom, they would make a great polyamorous three-some relationship with Laurel, imho, which would make them all happier. :P

Ideologue

Martinus, does literally everything have to be about sexual power dynamics with you?

And consider who's telling you this. :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on December 19, 2014, 02:51:25 PM
Arrow is a really good show. I'm still on the first season, but it is a great example how people are made miserable by their insistence on monogamy. Olivier is clearly a top, Tommy is a bottom, they would make a great polyamorous three-some relationship with Laurel, imho, which would make them all happier. :P

Seriously?

A show with John Barrowman in it that advertizes itself with this in it's third season and you haven't started watching yet? Seriously I question your ghey credentials now.

And, ffs,
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Quote from: Ideologue on December 19, 2014, 02:53:50 PM
Martinus, does literally everything have to be about sexual power dynamics with you?

And consider who's telling you this. :P

I am not saying Tommy is necessary a *gay* (or even bi) bottom. This could also work with him being a cuckold. :P

Martinus

Quote from: Viking on December 19, 2014, 02:55:13 PM

Seriously?

A show with John Barrowman in it that advertizes itself with this in it's third season and you haven't started watching yet? Seriously I question your ghey credentials now.

And, ffs,

Somehow it slipped under my radar. Dunno how but I thought it is a cartoon show.  :huh:

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on December 19, 2014, 03:01:07 PM

Seriously?

And, ffs,

Somehow it slipped under my radar. Dunno how but I thought it is a cartoon show.  :huh:

Now there is a spinoff show with cast from glee. How can this NOT be on your gheydar?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Viking on December 19, 2014, 03:02:07 PM
Quote from: Martinus on December 19, 2014, 03:01:07 PM

Seriously?

And, ffs,

Now there is a spinoff show with cast from glee. How can this NOT be on your gheydar?
Poland :(

They've only just discovered Sylvester.
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

I actually got into Arrow by watching Flash. So at least that didn't escape me.