News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Josephus on December 16, 2014, 06:49:45 PM
Shallow Graveintroduced the world to Hugh Grant.

:huh:  You thinking of Ewan McGregor?
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on December 16, 2014, 07:11:52 PM
You know why murder graves are always shallow?  Cause digging those bastards take for fucking ever.  Especially at night and you have to keep a gun on a guy.  You start out thinking, "Yeah, we're going to dig this so deep they'll never find him", and three hours later you going, "Right, let's just dumb some leaves over him and go to the waffle house."
They always do it in the desert too. Or the forest.
Either the ground is stupidly dry or full of roots.
I have half a mind to try and dig a grave in the woods. Just to test its feasibility.
But I'm lazy.
██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

Knights of Badassdom

Bad in a good way.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josephus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 16, 2014, 07:26:18 PM

My bad yes. Knew it was an annoying English bloke
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on December 16, 2014, 08:39:12 PM

You called?  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Goddamn, Jennifer Lawrence even makes a smoking blonde:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtrlPZh2Rag

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on December 16, 2014, 08:39:12 PM

<_<

Particularly given that he isn't even English...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 16, 2014, 10:24:34 PM

Heh, a film starring Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper goes straight to video? It's got to be really awful.

celedhring

A large cinema chain has already cancelled showings of The Interview after the hacker group reportedly behind the breaching of Sony's servers threatened to go after cinemas that showed it.

Sends out the wrong message, imho. And it's just a fucking film. Sigh.

katmai

Quote from: celedhring on December 17, 2014, 04:21:47 AM

Heh, a film starring Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper goes straight to video? It's got to be really awful.

Magnolia films pic (company owned by Mark Cuban who owns/owned? HDNET channel here in USA)
There business plan is to release movies ondemand and online before releases in theaters.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

celedhring

Quote from: katmai on December 17, 2014, 05:50:56 AM
Quote from: celedhring on December 17, 2014, 04:21:47 AM

Magnolia films pic (company owned by Mark Cuban who owns/owned? HDNET channel here in USA)
There business plan is to release movies ondemand and online before releases in theaters.

Fair enough then. Still doesn't bode well for the film is that's all the US distribution they could get (after reading on it it's been in the can for a while).

Duque de Bragança

The Hobbit trilogy, including the Battle of the Five armies

Meh, more of the same.
I went there in part to see HFR 3D in action. Well, it gives an even more video feeling, more fluid I know, but coupled with the CGI-heavy "action" scenes it's even worse [spoiler]the one with Legolas is the worst one I've seen in a while only Torque scenes beat it[/spoiler]. I watched the three movies back to back in an even in a Champs-Élysées cinema, not nerd-heavy somewhat surprisingly. As many have said the last movie is again overlong, but not to the point of boredom. Same for bringing back Legolas or other characters as a selling point. Not very enthusiastic given the result
Back to the image topic, IMAX would have a better image but not 48 fps, at least the one in the suburbs.

I feel like rewatching the Lord of the Rings trilogy though, to reassess them, while avoiding rereading the books, to give it a fair chance.
Fans of the previous movies should like it, as well not too demanding Lord of the Rings film trilogy.

Norgy

"The Damned United". Michael Sheen as Cloughie is absolutely spot on.
The teamtalk scene before Derby plays Leeds brings tears to my eyes. Unlike local fans of Forest, I don't hate Derby, and love the great man.

I am sure if he were alive he'd comment: "Young man, you are not dooooing it riiiight, if Iiii weeeereee in chaaarge, youuuu'd dooo it beeeeetteeer".

Cloughie. What a maverick he was.

lustindarkness

In the last 3 days I watched all 4 of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. The 4th one was not that great at all, I enjoyed the first 3. I understand a 5th is on its way, they better go back to the original formula if they want it to be any good.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Jennifer Lawrence makes a smoking anything.