News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

I just can't get past how annoying I find the woman in Temple of Doom.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Ideologue

Solid point about Indys skepticism tho. But perhaps he thinks Hindu gods are real, and thus Semitic ones even less likely to exist. :P

On the other hand, he does take the Arks power seriously enough to avert his eyes.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 08, 2014, 11:36:06 AM

That's just your gayness hating anybody that outshrills you.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 08, 2014, 11:25:53 AM
Quote from: celedhring on December 08, 2014, 11:21:54 AM
It troubles me a lot that the fact they used a British tank ruins the otherwise awesome tank scene in Crusade for me. :nerd:

It was bullshit.

Isn't it some half made-up British client state in the Levant?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

frunk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 08, 2014, 11:36:22 AM
WRONG.

I don't see a lot of difference between surviving a fall from a plane in an inflatable raft and hiding in a refrigerator from a nuclear explosion.  BOTH. EXTREMELY. STUPID.

Ideologue

I found her reactions believable. BUGS.

God, Temple is a straight up horror movie, isn't it?
Kinemalogue

jimmy olsen

Quote from: celedhring on December 08, 2014, 11:15:21 AM
I love comparing it to the Star Wars saga, by the way, since Lucas had his hands in both of them. Both have a significantly darker second film that wasn't as well received when it came out, and then he went on to make a third one rehashing a lot of the material from the first one. At least there weren't Ewoks in Crusade.
Are you saying Empire wasn't well received when it came out?  :huh: :wacko:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

Quote from: Ideologue on December 08, 2014, 11:37:34 AM
Solid point about Indys skepticism tho. But perhaps he thinks Hindu gods are real, and thus Semitic ones even less likely to exist. :P

On the other hand, he does take the Arks power seriously enough to avert his eyes.

That's the point though, at the end of the movie he is willing to put his life in the hands on something he previously didn't believe in.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: frunk on December 08, 2014, 11:42:37 AM
WRONG.

I don't see a lot of difference between surviving a fall from a plane in an inflatable raft and hiding in a refrigerator from a nuclear explosion.  BOTH. EXTREMELY. STUPID.

Too late.  You already made the list, pal.  Last Crusade sucked ass balls, and Temple is better.  Fin.

Ideologue

Quote from: frunk on December 08, 2014, 11:42:37 AM
WRONG.

I understand that Spielbergs goal with Raiders was gritty realism, but he just wanted to loosen up a bit in the sequels.
Kinemalogue

celedhring

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 08, 2014, 11:43:11 AM
Quote from: celedhring on December 08, 2014, 11:15:21 AM
I love comparing it to the Star Wars saga, by the way, since Lucas had his hands in both of them. Both have a significantly darker second film that wasn't as well received when it came out, and then he went on to make a third one rehashing a lot of the material from the first one. At least there weren't Ewoks in Crusade.
Are you saying Empire wasn't well received when it came out?  :huh: :wacko:

It certainly got mixed reviews and was the least grossing of the trilogy upon its original release. Its appreciation has grown over time.

Ideologue

Quote from: celedhring on December 08, 2014, 11:44:35 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 08, 2014, 11:37:34 AM

That's the point though, at the end of the movie he is willing to put his life in the hands on something he previously didn't believe in.

I think he was skeptical about the grail too. "OK, but there's definitely no Christ!"

Money is being ridiculous again. :(
Kinemalogue

Malthus

Apparently, Spielberg didn't mind the actress' annoyingly whiny voice - he married her.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

jimmy olsen

Also, add me to the Last Crusade fan club.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point