News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

To be honest Temple should have never been a "prequel" since it undermines the skeptic nature of Indy in "Raiders", which is kinda one of the emotional cores of the flick.

frunk

CountDeMoney

That's enough out of you Last Crusade fanboi fags.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

celedhring

I love Temple, to be honest. It's not a cogent as Raiders, but it's still one of the best adventure flicks ever done, a hell of a rollercoaster. I prefer it to Crusade (which I also like). Sadly it lacks nazis, though.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 08, 2014, 10:59:22 AM
Harrumph. Crusade rocks.

Whacky madcap hijinks with shitty bluescreens and reused tropes, yahoo.  You suck.

Edit:  and shitty Nazis.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 08, 2014, 11:01:53 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 08, 2014, 10:59:22 AM
Harrumph. Crusade rocks.

Whacky madcap hijinks with shitty bluescreens and reused tropes, yahoo.  You suck.

No, u suck

celedhring

One of my problems with Crusade is that isn't nearly as scary as the first two. Temple is really dark and scary, but even Raiders has the opening of the ark and ensuing face melting. Crusade is too tame.

Ed Anger

celedhring

I love comparing it to the Star Wars saga, by the way, since Lucas had his hands in both of them. Both have a significantly darker second film that wasn't as well received when it came out, and then he went on to make a third one rehashing a lot of the material from the first one. At least there weren't Ewoks in Crusade.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 08, 2014, 10:57:26 AM

They're both awesome movies. Harumph.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 08, 2014, 11:18:24 AM

They're both awesome movies. Harumph.

It troubles me a lot that the fact they used a British tank ruins the otherwise awesome tank scene in Crusade for me. :nerd:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: celedhring on December 08, 2014, 11:21:54 AM
It troubles me a lot that the fact they used a British tank ruins the otherwise awesome tank scene in Crusade for me. :nerd:

It was bullshit.

frunk

Only the original for me.  Last Crusade is ok, Temple is awful.  It, along with Jedi, is the start of Lucas indulging in his worst impulses.

Ideologue

Quote from: celedhring on December 08, 2014, 11:00:48 AM
I love Temple, to be honest. It's not a cogent as Raiders, but it's still one of the best adventure flicks ever done, a hell of a rollercoaster. I prefer it to Crusade (which I also like). Sadly it lacks nazis, though.

Temple may be my favorite (despite some dull scenes after the opening and before they have dinner, and despite the racism). It's because the heart scene is my favorite part of the whole franchise. Parental guidance suggested indeed.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)