News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

If she lost some weight, it would be more romantic.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on December 03, 2014, 03:12:10 PM
If she lost some weight, it would be more romantic.

She is rather bosomy for a pig.

mongers

Watch the 'Lego - Movie' last night, a good film, somewhat let down by the main ending,[spoiler] too schmaltzy for my tastes.[/spoiler]
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

You mean to tell me you're[spoiler] using spoiler bars [/spoiler]for [spoiler]a fucking LEGO movie[/spoiler]?

You're as much a [spoiler]ferocious knucklehead[/spoiler] as [spoiler]Ide[/spoiler].

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 03, 2014, 03:09:00 PM
I remember when I was young--9, 10, something like that--my grandmother gave me a collection of Paddington the Bear's books.  The only thing I can remember is how fucking boring they were.

When we were kids, maybe 8 or 9 years old, my best friend's yuppie mom decorated his entire bedroom in Paddington Bear stuff.  We gave it a year before we started giving him shit about it.  Switched to a Star Wars theme pretty quickly after that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

The LEGO movie is AWESOME!! :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 03, 2014, 03:30:34 PM
When we were kids, maybe 8 or 9 years old, my best friend's yuppie mom decorated his entire bedroom in Paddington Bear stuff.  We gave it a year before we started giving him shit about it.  Switched to a Star Wars theme pretty quickly after that.

I would hope so.  A bear dressed like a subway flasher = gay.  Stormtroopers = not gay.

Malthus

Quote from: Josephus on December 03, 2014, 03:02:34 PM
Quote from: Norgy on December 03, 2014, 12:42:48 PM
You're thinking of "The Wind in the Willows", Marty. A proper little gentleman's story. Don't forget, Winnie the Pooh is originally a British childrens' book, too.

Surely, the Teletubbies gave off no such vibe. If any, it was "We have written a childrens' show on mushrooms and acid, and we're so happy about, we popped a few Es as well".

"Postman Pat" was more about the working class finding their place and getting on with doing their job. Same with "Bob the Builder", except he probably didn't get his last contract, due to "Janósz the Builder" underbidding him, so he's now "Bob the UKIP member".

Wind in the Willows is awesome. The name of Pink Floyd's debut album, The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, is the name of the more metaphysical chapter in that book.

It's an inspiraton for car enthusiasts everywhere.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 03, 2014, 03:25:01 PM
You mean to tell me you're[spoiler] using spoiler bars [/spoiler]for [spoiler]a fucking LEGO movie[/spoiler]?

You're as much a [spoiler]ferocious knucklehead[/spoiler] as [spoiler]Ide[/spoiler].

I'd respond, but I don't seem to be able to see half of what you wrote :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 03, 2014, 03:33:41 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 03, 2014, 03:30:34 PM

I would hope so.  A bear dressed like a subway flasher = gay.  Stormtroopers = not gay.

Sadly, in switching to a Star Wars theme, the bedroom was decorated in ... Ewoks.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Malthus on December 03, 2014, 03:34:59 PM
Sadly, in switching to a Star Wars theme, the bedroom was decorated in ... Ewoks.  :D

:lol: YOURE DOING IT WRONG

"I don't know, they were jammies!  They had Yodas and shit on them!"

lustindarkness

Quote from: Barrister on December 03, 2014, 03:31:53 PM
The LEGO movie is AWESOME!! :mad:

[spoiler]Everything is Awesome,
Everything is cool when you're part of a team
Everything is Awesome when you're living out a dreams [/spoiler]
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

celedhring

Watching Guardians of the Galaxy on BR. Man, finally I can pause Zaldaña's booty.

Love the flick. Best space opera since Star Wars*, surely?

*Haven't seen Wrath of Khan in a while.

Ideologue

Flash Gordon.  Serenity.  John Carter.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)