News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

The performances are (by and large) also perfect.  Sam Jones' understated turn is undervalued, too.  Hollow?  Empty?  Dull?  Hardly.  He is simply too full of heroism and too committed to teamwork to have any other character traits.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

Quote from: katmai on December 03, 2014, 06:03:32 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 03, 2014, 05:56:50 PM
I think you're overlooking the most important part: the colors. :)

Reds and golds and greens. :wub:
you know how I know you're gay?

You read gay things Ide posts.  :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

It doesn't take an appreciation of cock to appreciate those color-coded sets and costumes, my friend.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on December 03, 2014, 06:07:08 PM
You read gay things Ide posts.  :P

That's easy for you to say.

Eddie Teach

Drunk texts declaring his love for you?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ideologue on December 03, 2014, 06:07:43 PM

It doesn't take an appreciation of cock to appreciate those color-coded sets and costumes, my friend.
But it does probably help :P
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: The Larch on December 03, 2014, 06:02:26 PM
Nobody mentioned yet the absolutely hamtastic performances of Max von Sidow, Timothy Dalton and BRIAN BLESSED?

[BRIAN BLESSED]

THIS.

[/BRIAN BLESSED]
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on December 03, 2014, 06:05:23 PM
The performances are (by and large) also perfect.  Sam Jones' understated turn is undervalued, too.  Hollow?  Empty?  Dull?  Hardly.  He is simply too full of heroism and too committed to teamwork to have any other character traits.

The worst part of the suspension of belief for that film is not the fact they go to outer space to save the human race from invasion, but he's supposed to be the star quarterback of the New York Jets.  I mean, c'mon.

Ed Anger

I liked it when the Princess got tortured.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 03, 2014, 06:46:42 PM
I liked it when the Princess got tortured.

It made my thingy tingle, like when I have to pee, only better.

Ed Anger

The prostate exam tingle. Been there.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 03, 2014, 06:43:43 PM

The worst part of the suspension of belief for that film is not the fact they go to outer space to save the human race from invasion, but he's supposed to be the star quarterback of the New York Jets.  I mean, c'mon.

Well, that is a little out there. :D
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on December 03, 2014, 06:53:04 PM
Well, that is a little out there. :D

No shit.  And in 1980?  The Saints went 1-15 that year, and guess who they beat?  FLASH AH-YAHHHH

The Minsky Moment

Sam Jones' understated turn is undervalued, too. 

It's throwaway comments like this that make Ide's reviews worth the price of entry for the comedy gold they return.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Duque de Bragança

All hail the late Dino de Laurentiis who financed Mike Hodge and the crew for what he thought would be a serious, earnest, respectful genre movie. :)