News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Snowpiercer. Really stupid, and not in a good way.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 01, 2014, 04:39:58 PM

I've seen multiple posters comment on how stupid it is, and I have a question:  if you knew the basic premise going in, either from the trailer or the description, couldn't you figure out it was going to be just that stupid?

Eddie Teach

The basic premise being impossible doesn't necessarily make a movie bad. This one just had no thought put into anything.

Ideologue

I have no idea why critics went nuts over it. Good production design, but even as an actioner, this is the year of several awesome superhero flicks and The Raid 2.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 01, 2014, 06:19:37 PM

I've seen multiple posters comment on how stupid it is, and I have a question:  if you knew the basic premise going in, either from the trailer or the description, couldn't you figure out it was going to be just that stupid?

I watched it because Ide said it was awful. AND HE WAS RIGHT.

Ide = Tastemaker. For once.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

It's like Pacific Rim if it had had a giant train instead of giant robots.

Darth Wagtaros

Well, Pacific Rim had the robots fighting things.  The stupid fucking train just kinda rolled around while a bunch of jagoffs wandered around being assholes to each other inside.
PDH!

Josephus

So I'm 48 and have never seen Blade Runner...until this weekend.
I've started it several times but never really got past the first 20 minutes or so. So I stuck with it this time...I don't know...ho-hum in the extreme, I thought.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 01, 2014, 06:51:48 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 01, 2014, 06:19:37 PM

I watched it because Ide said it was awful. AND I HE WAS RIGHT.

Ide = Tastemaker. For once.

You listen, you learn.

And I gave it a B.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Also, yes, Jo is crazy. Toys in the attic, he's crazy.
Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

Ideologue

Don't give minuses and it's not The Host or Star Trek Into Darkness bad.
Kinemalogue

Josephus

Quote from: Ideologue on December 01, 2014, 07:19:17 PM

Don't know what you're talking about.

;)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on December 01, 2014, 07:19:17 PM

Don't know why you're busting his chops, he's not the only one that waited until this week to see a move from 1982.  Numbnuts.