News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

They could have one set out in the middle of nowhere with fewer hordes and larger gatherings of survivors springing up. It would be half Walking Dead, half Jericho.  :hmm:

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

I don't get what happened on twd
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

Quote from: lustindarkness on December 02, 2014, 03:04:00 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on December 02, 2014, 01:00:00 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on November 30, 2014, 10:07:53 PM
Called it. TWD.

In reflection, [spoiler] I am thinking the whole hospital survivor group thing was kinda lame.  They tried to make Dawn an almost sympathetic anti-hero (she keeps slaves, but at least she's not a raping/pillaging rogue cop...just most of her gang is), and then she just went full-retard. 

So the group will move on, and Atlanta gets left with what will surely just descend into your average rape gang (and that latino gang from S1, if they're still alive...might have been cool if they had a cameo).  I don't think the Doc will last long.
[/spoiler]

Yeah, I agree. [spoiler]And the death itself was stupid, at least Beth should have stabbed Dawn in the neck or an eye to make it worth getting her brains ventilated.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Nah, it makes sense, Beth was still, in her heart, kinda meek.  And I think they did that especially for the Daryl impassioned revenge headshot.[/spoiler]

Tonitrus

Quote from: Josephus on December 02, 2014, 04:55:52 PM
I love The Walking Dead. But I'm not so sure about a spinoff...you just know it' s doomed to fail. I mean it has to be different, right? And yet, would it be good if it's different?

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Walking-Dead-Companion-Series-Just-Cast-Its-First-Two-Characters-68709.html

It could work depending on how they play it, but I'd be more worried about over-saturation diluting the popularity of the primary series, or more so, diminishing its potential lifespan.

One WD series could almost go on indefinitely (until the actors start demanding too much money), throwing spin-offs out there I think kills the long-term prospects for all of them at once.

Josephus

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 02, 2014, 09:21:55 PM
Quote from: Josephus on December 02, 2014, 04:55:52 PM
I love The Walking Dead. But I'm not so sure about a spinoff...you just know it' s doomed to fail. I mean it has to be different, right? And yet, would it be good if it's different?

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Walking-Dead-Companion-Series-Just-Cast-Its-First-Two-Characters-68709.html

It could work depending on how they play it, but I'd be more worried about over-saturation diluting the popularity of the primary series, or more so, diminishing its potential lifespan.

One WD series could almost go on indefinitely (until the actors start demanding too much money), throwing spin-offs out there I think kills the long-term prospects for all of them at once.

Yup. Agree. Kinda like the whole CSI thing
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sheilbh

Is it okay for a, say, mid-twenties bearded unemployed man to go on his own to watch the Paddington the Bear film at the cinema?

Asking for me :(
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 03, 2014, 01:16:10 AM
Is it okay for a, say, mid-twenties bearded unemployed man to go on his own to watch the Paddington the Bear film at the cinema?

*waves to usher*  "It's OK; I'm gay."

Ideologue

I kind of felt weird going to How to Train Your Dragon 2 by myself.  I'm getting a female chaperone for Big Hero 6.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Also, in America it's never okay for the unemployed to go to the movies, or enjoy anything, even breathing.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on December 03, 2014, 01:38:28 AM
Also, in America it's never okay for the unemployed to go to the movies, or enjoy anything, even breathing.

That's time better spent exercising your right to apply for jobs that don't pay enough to go to the movies.

Martinus

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 03, 2014, 01:16:10 AM

You could pretend to be a hipster and go there ironically. Or, if it is cold outside, could be taken for a hobo. :D

Sheilbh

I don't have the clothes to pull of hipsterdom or hobodom :(

QuoteThat's time better spent exercising your right to apply for jobs that don't pay enough to go to the movies.
One of the perks of this little, rougher bit of London is a cinema that charges £4.99 a ticket :w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Speaking of unemployment, Ide, are you unemployed too right now?

Syt

Watched the first episode of Game of Thrones. Looks ok so far.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on December 03, 2014, 04:16:54 AM
Watched the first episode of Game of Thrones. Looks ok so far.
:lol: