Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on November 30, 2014, 08:31:59 PM
So my local art house is doing a My Bloody Valentine screening in January.  The heart is in the right place (ha ha), because that's one of the best slashers ever made and in point of the fact the single best I've seen (unless you're a pedant and count Psycho).  But I was dubious that it would be a proper big screen presentation--I don't think they even have the equipment to handle 35mm (of which only one print of the uncut Valentine exists anyway) and to the best of my knowledge it was never converted into a file that could be carted around the country on a hard drive for super-HD digital projection.  I reckoned, then, that it would be at least a blu-ray screening.  Of coruse, I was wrong, and they're showing a DVD.  Christ, is that weak.  Maybe I'll see if it's legally ok for them to borrow my blu-ray. :lol:

They also have failed to manage to acquire Whiplash or The Babadook.  My local art house sucks.

I like fullscreen movies.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

You sir truly are Hitler.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

George Lucas's Special Edition of the new Episode VII trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v93Jh6JNBng

:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 30, 2014, 01:59:08 PM
[spoiler]She is a major cutie, they never run their course.  :mad:[/spoiler]

[spoiler]So was Andrea's sister Amy.[/spoiler]
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

Lovelace. I watched it on my phone. What a world.

Amanda Seyfried was adorable as ever, but the film wasn't very interesting.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 30, 2014, 10:18:55 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 30, 2014, 08:31:59 PM
So my local art house is doing a My Bloody Valentine screening in January.  The heart is in the right place (ha ha), because that's one of the best slashers ever made and in point of the fact the single best I've seen (unless you're a pedant and count Psycho).  But I was dubious that it would be a proper big screen presentation--I don't think they even have the equipment to handle 35mm (of which only one print of the uncut Valentine exists anyway) and to the best of my knowledge it was never converted into a file that could be carted around the country on a hard drive for super-HD digital projection.  I reckoned, then, that it would be at least a blu-ray screening.  Of coruse, I was wrong, and they're showing a DVD.  Christ, is that weak.  Maybe I'll see if it's legally ok for them to borrow my blu-ray. :lol:

They also have failed to manage to acquire Whiplash or The Babadook.  My local art house sucks.

I like fullscreen movies.

On VHS or Betamax?

Eddie Teach

Saw 10 minutes of Irreversible. Fuck that pretentious camera-spinning shit.  :mad:

CountDeMoney

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 01, 2014, 07:53:37 AM
Saw 10 minutes of Irreversible. Fuck that pretentious camera-spinning shit.  :mad:

Agreed, but it does get better.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on November 30, 2014, 10:27:45 PM
You sir truly are Hitler.

Probably likes dubbed films, too.  Even in France.

Brazen

Cyber Monday purchase - Twin Peaks box set :-) It's been on my wish list forever but when the new series was announced it got ridiculously expensive.

CountDeMoney