Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 03, 2014, 07:56:49 PM
Quote from: Tyr on November 03, 2014, 05:26:34 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 03, 2014, 04:47:38 PM
Quote from: Tyr on November 03, 2014, 03:44:51 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on November 02, 2014, 10:12:08 PM
TWD, what a weird episode.
[spoiler]Yeah. The villains aren't really all that villainy (except the apparently good doctor). Which is a nice change.[/spoiler]

:huh:
[spoiler]
They are running an indentured servant dystopia where the good doctor arranges for another doctor to be killed so he cant be replaced.  [/spoiler]
[spoiler]As I said, except for the doctor.
The whole setup they've got there.... it really isn't outright evil. They're not cannibals, they're not murdering soldiers to try and keep power and performing odd experiments on walkers.
They're the most ambiguous major villains we've had. As you say more of a dystopia than bad, bad, bad.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I'm not sure it's all that ambiguous...sure it just seems like a modern form of feudalism (doctor is like the clergy, and the cops are the lords/knights, and then the workers are the serfs)...but since they've moved rather quickly into "serfs are also sex/rape slaves to the knights".  Pretty much the worst form of feudalism you can image.  Prima nocta all over the place. [/spoiler]

:yes:

CountDeMoney

Disney really has to stop making cartoon chicks I would want to bang.  It's creepy.

Josephus

Anyone watching Homeland? thought the last episode was pretty intense.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

11B4V

Quote from: Josephus on November 03, 2014, 11:07:51 PM
Anyone watching Homeland? thought the last episode was pretty intense.

Yes, very good. I still dont like Claire Danes' character.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tonitrus

http://www.slashfilm.com/3001-the-final-odyssey-miniseries/

QuoteSyfy has ordered a television miniseries adaptation of Arthur C. Clarke's novel 3001: The Final Odyssey. The 2001: A Space Odyssey sequel will be adapted by screenwriter Stuart Beattie of Pirates of the Caribbean and Collateral fame. Beattie will also serve as executive producer alongside Ridley Scott and David W. Zucker (Numbers, The Good Wife).

I expect terrible CGI special effects and poor-acting hotties in tight-fitting outfits.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 03, 2014, 10:57:21 PM
Disney really has to stop making cartoon chicks I would want to bang.  It's creepy.

You only want to bang her because she's a cartoon, if she were real those eyes would be freakish.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 03, 2014, 10:57:21 PM

Dude, you do notice that she looks like a manga/anime character? I'm worried you're getting soft in your anime hate. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Viking

Quote from: Syt on November 04, 2014, 03:16:40 AM

Dude, you do notice that she looks like a manga/anime character? I'm worried you're getting soft in your anime hate. :P

Don't worry he is self-flagellating as we speak.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Syt

As long as he's not self-fellating.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Viking

Quote from: Syt on November 04, 2014, 04:32:18 AM
As long as he's not self-fellating.

fellatio first self flagellation second. One leads to the other.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 03, 2014, 10:16:33 PM
[spoiler]Yeah. The villains aren't really all that villainy (except the apparently good doctor). Which is a nice change.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
They are running an indentured servant dystopia where the good doctor arranges for another doctor to be killed so he cant be replaced.  [/spoiler]
The whole setup they've got there.... it really isn't outright evil. They're not cannibals, they're not murdering soldiers to try and keep power and performing odd experiments on walkers.
They're the most ambiguous major villains we've had. As you say more of a dystopia than bad, bad, bad.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I'm not sure it's all that ambiguous...sure it just seems like a modern form of feudalism (doctor is like the clergy, and the cops are the lords/knights, and then the workers are the serfs)...but since they've moved rather quickly into "serfs are also sex/rape slaves to the knights".  Pretty much the worst form of feudalism you can image.  Prima nocta all over the place. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]Bad ass Carol is very bad news for them tho, I expect most of them to be dead by ep. 8.[/spoiler]
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 04, 2014, 12:47:37 AM
http://www.slashfilm.com/3001-the-final-odyssey-miniseries/

QuoteSyfy has ordered a television miniseries adaptation of Arthur C. Clarke's novel 3001: The Final Odyssey. The 2001: A Space Odyssey sequel will be adapted by screenwriter Stuart Beattie of Pirates of the Caribbean and Collateral fame. Beattie will also serve as executive producer alongside Ridley Scott and David W. Zucker (Numbers, The Good Wife).

I expect terrible CGI special effects and poor-acting hotties in tight-fitting outfits.

That was a strange book....I mean, OK, 2001 was strange, but my recollection of 3001 was pretty "Meh"--more of expository writing by Clarke using the Poole character as a narrative device to describe Clarke's vision of life in 3001.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Martinus

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 04, 2014, 08:43:38 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 03, 2014, 10:16:33 PM

[spoiler]

[spoiler]Bad ass Carol is very bad news for them tho, I expect most of them to be dead by ep. 8.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]                                                                                                                                                                   

[/spoiler]

Grey Fox

For once in my life I decide to be nice & respect spoilers sensitive bullshit & Martinus laugh at me.

No more! NO MORE.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on November 04, 2014, 03:16:40 AM

Saw the full body shot.  Absolutely no ass at all.