And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 22, 2014, 09:01:36 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 22, 2014, 08:35:15 PM
And Renee was only truly cute in Jerry Maguire and Me, Myself and Irene.

Her cute went to 11 in that shitty movie about the record store.  I almost busted my button fly when she showed up in nothing but an apron.

Empire Records, iirc.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 22, 2014, 09:01:36 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 22, 2014, 08:35:15 PM
And Renee was only truly cute in Jerry Maguire and Me, Myself and Irene.

Her cute went to 11 in that shitty movie about the record store.  I almost busted my button fly when she showed up in nothing but an apron.

Wow, that's right, I totally forgot that was her.

lustindarkness

Avengers Age of Ultron teaser trailer looks interesting.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

The World's End. Semi-entertaining, but more in the vein of bad sci-fi than good comedy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Got Edge of Tomorrow, will watch it this weekend!

There's also Trascendence out here in Spain. I really like all stuff sci-fi, but I'm aware this one got a really bad rap when it came out. What are languishite opinions on it?

mongers

Quote from: celedhring on October 23, 2014, 07:41:37 AM
Got Edge of Tomorrow, will watch it this weekend!

There's also Trascendence out here in Spain. I really like all stuff sci-fi, but I'm aware this one got a really bad rap when it came out. What are languishite opinions on it?

Not hugely impressed, wouldn't watch it again, but best to let you make up your mind.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

I didn't bother seeing it. Looked lame.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

I've decided I need to watch all the Marvel movies I've missed.

I've made a list :

Captain America : The First Avenger
The Avengers(I think I've seen that one but not sure)
Iron Man 3
The Wolverine
Thor The Dark World
Captain America Winter Soldier
Xmen Days of Future Past
Guardians of the Galaxy

No Spiderman, because fuck Sony & that unnecessary reboot.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

I would do the Cap ones + Guardians first, because the others are not nearly as good and you could get tired before you get to those.

The Larch

Skip the first Wolverine movie or you'll want to gouge your eyes out.

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on October 23, 2014, 10:31:11 AM
Skip the first Wolverine movie or you'll want to gouge your eyes out.

The Wolverine is the sequel though (yeah, confusing naming). The sequel is just bad, not godawful.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Rented Prometheus last night.  Not sure what all the hate is about.  I read back over the posts in this thread about it and I didn't get the strong vibes about certain plot features that other people were getting.

Syt

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on October 23, 2014, 10:51:46 AM
Rented Prometheus last night.  Not sure what all the hate is about.  I read back over the posts in this thread about it and I didn't get the strong vibes about certain plot features that other people were getting.

If you have an hour to spare and don't mind a very English accent, then this would point out a lot of problems to you: http://blip.tv/film-brain/bad-movie-beatdown-prometheus-megacut-6544805
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.