News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I'll admit that I haven't tried it. Concept didn't sound like it'd be more engaging than perhaps a few episodes.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

LaCroix

Quote from: garbon on July 29, 2014, 08:59:44 PM
I'll admit that I haven't tried it. Concept didn't sound like it'd be more engaging than perhaps a few episodes.

i think interest in the guilty remnant is necessary. the more i learn about them, the more i like the show. also, some of the differences in society are neat. some people have trashed the show's characterization of teenagers without realizing these aren't our teenagers

Eddie Teach

Finally got around to seeing Aliens. Good stuff.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on July 29, 2014, 07:29:07 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 29, 2014, 06:32:57 PM
Like Eddie Teach and Yi.  What a couple of maroons.
Maroon is a racial slur you classist, racist tool.

If you're not shaming me about my weight, I'm not interested.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Picture Perfect

I think that's probably about the only movie where I don't hate Jennifer Aniston. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 29, 2014, 10:32:18 PM
I think that's probably about the only movie where I don't hate Jennifer Aniston. -_-

You're such a bitch.  She's wonderful in everything she does.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 29, 2014, 11:21:49 PM

You're such a bitch.  She's wonderful in everything she does.

If wonderful equals sub-par, sure.

CountDeMoney

Syt

Picture Perfect

No, that would be Office Space.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on July 29, 2014, 11:29:54 PM
Picture Perfect

No, that would be Office Space.

I guess I didn't hate her in that but she wasn't particularly good either.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 29, 2014, 11:29:28 PM
Hater.

Well I do think my initial statement did imply that I generally hate her in movies. ;)

Tonitrus

What about Leprechaun?  :P

celedhring

She was great in The Good Girl, too.

Eddie Teach

The Good Girl and Horrible Bosses are probably the only things I've seen her in where she wasn't playing some variant of Rachel Green.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?