News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on June 14, 2014, 03:37:06 AM
That's one good thing about Scientology. Has led to cruise (and therefore money) wanting to do more sci fi

It more directly led John Travolta to wanting to do more sci fi.

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Cruise should go back to doing fantasy.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Just got the DVDs of season 4 of The Good Wife. Think I'm gonna binge it once I'm finished with Hannibal. I really love the show.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on June 14, 2014, 03:37:06 AM
That's one good thing about Scientology. Has led to cruise (and therefore money) wanting to do more sci fi

I find Tom Cruise kinda creepy.  I don't think he's aged in 20 years.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quick question, is 'Zero Dark Thirty' worth 2 1/2 hours of my life/attention ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on June 14, 2014, 03:53:50 PM

YES

I've never seen it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

You will be displeased by the unhappy ending.

mongers

Thanks guys, the usual diverse range of Languish 'guidance'.   :hmm:

CountDeMoney

Yes, it is.

viper37

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 14, 2014, 04:06:17 PM

YES

I've never seen it.
Yes, it's worth it.  It's not as good as the hype made it to be, but it's good.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

That's for the heads up you two. :cheers:

I watched 'Django Unchained' whilst I was waiting and I enjoyed that a great deal. 

Now off to watch your recommendation.

Josquius

Ultramarines- A video game you can't play. I would have loved this when I was 12. Now...meh.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

The World's End - a good flick, but nowhere near as good as Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz.

7.25/10
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DontSayBanana

Just saw Edge of Tomorrow and 22 Jump Street at the drive-in last night.  Timmy taint notwithstanding, if you haven't seen Edge of Tomorrow yet, do it.

Ide, I'm going to call bullshit on your analysis.  You mention superior ending, but [spoiler]EoT and Oblivion have exactly the same ending- he dies, and the end hard-cuts with a reunion between him and The Girl, who are going to have to get to know each other all over again.  If anything, EoT is superior for giving Tom Cruise more believable flaws to overcome in the beginning and a more believable progression towards becoming the "ideal hero."  Oh, and he gets to maintain a major flaw in the form of being paralyzed into inaction by concern for The Girl.  The closest Oblivion came was his hero worship of Sexy Morgan Freeman.[/spoiler]

I haven't enjoyed a Tom Cruise movie that much since the first Mission Impossible.

22 Jump Street was amusing, but not that memorable.  It was basically Van Wilder and The Naked Gun thrown in a blender.
Experience bij!

The Brain

I'd watch katmai thrown in a blender.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.