TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

KING KONG IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 26, 2014, 08:18:36 PM
You know damned well I meant Timmay.  Only that scatterfuck would use something like "Riefenstahl tinge".

Man, keeping track of who you hate is a full-time job.  LOL GET IT and I made myself sad
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on May 26, 2014, 08:29:10 PM
Man, keeping track of who you hate is a full-time job.  LOL GET IT and I made myself sad

And I don't even get overtime.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ideologue on May 26, 2014, 08:29:10 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 26, 2014, 08:18:36 PM
You know damned well I meant Timmay.  Only that scatterfuck would use something like "Riefenstahl tinge".

Excel helps :)
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Every now and then this thread goes on a Last of the Mohicans lovefest. I actually don't mind it because it's one of the few movies that actually deserves a periodic lovefest.     :cool:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Habbaku

Quote from: Ideologue on May 26, 2014, 07:40:26 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on May 26, 2014, 06:15:20 PM
Was Ide the dumbass that said it wasn't any good?

I gave it an A, cunt.

Not a B+?  Weird.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Quote from: celedhring on May 26, 2014, 07:22:50 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 26, 2014, 07:12:02 PM
Last of the Mohicans has issues with a very contrived plot line in the third act, but it more than compensates by being a story about a total badass kicking all kinds of ass.

I like the fact that it takes what is a very contrived storyline and instead of second-guess it just tries to make it as great as cinematically possible. You're so engaged that you forget how ludicrous everything actually is.

Mann was on a roll in the 90s, he followed it up with Heat and Insider.

Mann didn't make Insideher.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Queequeg

Quote from: Habbaku on May 26, 2014, 06:15:20 PM
Was Ide the dumbass that said it wasn't any good?
I said it was a bit boring until the final 20 min. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Malthus

Snuck out this weekend to see Godzilla. Was hoping for some mindless giant monster action. Was unhappy that said action came with an hour of silly backstory in which monsters were not very visible. Did not care about the non-monster characters.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Saw a bit more of Pacific Rimjob.  Sucks even more.

Ideologue

Quote from: Malthus on May 27, 2014, 11:09:42 AM
Snuck out this weekend to see Godzilla. Was hoping for some mindless giant monster action. Was unhappy that said action came with an hour of silly backstory in which monsters were not very visible. Did not care about the non-monster characters.

Gee, if only you'd been warned.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on May 27, 2014, 11:30:44 AM

I haven't seen your review yet. I musta missed it upthread.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

The Dirty Dozen. Fun as always.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 27, 2014, 12:36:30 PM
The Dirty Dozen. Fun as always.
Just wait until the next remake.
PDH!

Ideologue

Quote from: Malthus on May 27, 2014, 12:34:35 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 27, 2014, 11:30:44 AM

I haven't seen your review yet. I musta missed it upthread.

Sorry.  That came off really bitchy now that I reread it. :(
Kinemalogue