News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Ugh, citing a Matrix sequel?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

That one part was good.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Viking

I'd like to see the story told, not as Washington Hagiography, but rather through the eyes of Gage, Clinton, Howe and Cornwallis. They moved between the relevant theaters of war, they sympathized with the plight of the americans and did endorse the non-treasonous ends precipitating the conflict and they were competent military men who almost did win the war. With Washington as a character like Napoleon from War and Peace (presented as a force of nature rather than a person with personality).
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

11B4V

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

C
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Watched most of some movie about Marylin Monroe acting in a movie directed by, and starring, Lawrence Olivier.  The chick (same chick as the Good Witch in the Fabulous and Unbelievable Oz) was quite convincing in the role.  A tad better than that chick from Hee Haw with the ginormous tits.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: 11B4V on April 09, 2014, 03:47:12 PM

C

Do you have teenage girls?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 09, 2014, 03:53:13 PM
Watched most of some movie about Marylin Monroe acting in a movie directed by, and starring, Lawrence Olivier.  The chick (same chick as the Good Witch in the Fabulous and Unbelievable Oz) was quite convincing in the role.  A tad better than that chick from Hee Haw with the ginormous tits.

My Week With Marilyn. It's a good little film, and Michelle Williams got an Oscar nod for her work.

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 09, 2014, 03:53:13 PM
This one?
Not 100% SFW
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: viper37 on April 09, 2014, 05:10:05 PM
This one?
Not 100% SFW

Face looks different and the tits are too small.  70's movie I think.

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on April 09, 2014, 04:08:32 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 09, 2014, 03:53:31 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 09, 2014, 03:47:12 PM

C

Do you have teenage girls?

Yes

It wasn't that bad. B effort as it was somewhat entertaining and definitely better than the first movie.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

So happy to have Veep back.

[spoiler]Poor Jonah![/spoiler]

Ideologue

I can't decide whether to give Grand Budapest Hotel an A or an A+.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Queequeg

Quote from: Ideologue on April 09, 2014, 07:29:59 PM
I can't decide whether to give Grand Budapest Hotel an A or an A+.
Were there boobs? 

If so, what was the quality of said boobs?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."