News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I thought it was still pleasing on the 2nd viewing. Probably won't have a 3rd in a long time.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Hannibal: [spoiler]was that Honey Bunny?[/spoiler]
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Queequeg

Quote from: Liep on March 22, 2014, 10:32:42 AM
Hannibal: [spoiler]was that Honey Bunny?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Yeah.  I didn't realize the joke until I saw it on a comments section.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Picasso Hannibal was one of the creepiest things I've ever seen on TV.  [/spoiler]
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Liep

Quote from: Queequeg on March 22, 2014, 10:33:28 AM
[spoiler]Picasso Hannibal was one of the creepiest things I've ever seen on TV.  [/spoiler]

[spoiler]Yes, that entire episode was downright disturbing, what about that live lobotomy on an aware person and the following reveal to that poor girl? Fuck.

Oh and when the camera started to follow that bee I knew shit was coming, but it still took me by surprise.[/spoiler]
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sheilbh

Anyone else very excited by Noah? :o
Let's bomb Russia!

Queequeg

I'm not convinced Emma Watson has that much talent as an actress.  Wallflower was incredibly dull and unconvincing. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 22, 2014, 12:43:23 PM
Anyone else very excited by Noah? :o

Reasonably. :)

Latest Hannibal was also great, as has been previously noted.  I especially like that they've remembered that Mrs. Crawford 1)has cancer and 2)exists. :lol:

I really liked the staging of the cliffhanger sequence.  Suspenseful, playful, oblique, yet completely unambiguous.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: katmai on March 22, 2014, 02:15:01 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 22, 2014, 01:49:23 AM
Quote from: katmai on March 22, 2014, 12:57:17 AM
One of the few films DeCraprio is in that I'll watch.

Not as good as Inception, much better than Titanic or Django.
Inception put me to sleep

Ha ha.  I get it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

Quote from: Queequeg on March 22, 2014, 12:45:46 PM
I'm not convinced Emma Watson has that much talent as an actress.  Wallflower was incredibly dull and unconvincing.
They were initially going to cast Rupert Grint. So, you know, small blessings.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

If anyone needs to kill five hours, here's Fritz Lang's 1924 Nibelungen Saga (with English title cards):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTXLvCPeAvU
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Director of Pi, Requiem For a Dream, The Fountain, and Black Swan.  C'mon.
Kinemalogue

The Brain

He's no Shamalamadingdong.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Queequeg

Quote from: Ideologue on March 22, 2014, 01:09:44 PM
Maybe 2 of these are good movies and The Wrestler is better than all of them. 

katmai

Quote from: Ideologue on March 22, 2014, 01:09:44 PM
First two are good, last two are meh.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son