News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I saw The Departed again. Really good movie.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Been watching "The Good Wife", I'm a bit late to the party, but it's an outstanding show. Took a while to get into it since I don't really like procedurals in general and lawyeering shows in particular, but once the show starts to pick up steam it's a real treat. Besides the political thriller arc, I love how well even the smallest episodic parts are put together, heck, even the judges are more engaging characters than your average network show protagonist.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on March 21, 2014, 07:34:24 PM
Been watching "The Good Wife", I'm a bit late to the party, but it's an outstanding show. Took a while to get into it since I don't really like procedurals in general and lawyeering shows in particular, but once the show starts to pick up steam it's a real treat. Besides the political thriller arc, I love how well even the smallest episodic parts are put together, heck, even the judges are more engaging characters than your average network show protagonist.

It really is fun. There was only one big slip-up but the fans united in their anger and the writers quickly ended the silly story line.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Syt

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 21, 2014, 07:18:48 PM

Still haven't watched that. How does it compare to Infernal Affairs that it's based on?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

I've watched like half a dozen Chinese movies in my life. That is not one of them.

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 21, 2014, 06:52:36 PM
Finished watching Line of Duty. If there's a better thing on British TV this year then it'll have been a very good year.

I recommend this to everyone, except Ide who may suffer occasional bouts of motion sickness :console:
Are we talking Broadchurch good? I liked that one but normally police shows do nothing
██████
██████
██████

katmai

Quote from: Syt on March 21, 2014, 10:57:54 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 21, 2014, 07:18:48 PM

Still haven't watched that. How does it compare to Infernal Affairs that it's based on?
One of the few films DeCraprio is in that I'll watch.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on March 21, 2014, 10:57:54 PM

It's a B+ movie.  You won't be pissed you took the time.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on March 22, 2014, 12:57:17 AM

Not as good as Inception, much better than Titanic or Django.

Josquius

Catch Me If You Can? That's one of the best things ever.
██████
██████
██████

katmai

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 22, 2014, 01:49:23 AM

Inception put me to sleep, haven't seen Django  still
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: katmai on March 22, 2014, 02:15:01 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 22, 2014, 01:49:23 AM

Inception put me to sleep, haven't seen Django  still

I've watched Inception twice. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Quote from: garbon on March 22, 2014, 09:44:03 AM
I've watched Inception twice. :)

Me too, wish I hadn't though.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk