News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Saw World War Z - passable, not especially good ending, looked liked they'd tacked it on/made it up as an afterthought.

Odd to see last scene, clearly shot at Lulworth Cove, 20 miles from here. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

One film I did enjoy recently, the '13 Assassins', worth a viewing.

celedhring

Quote from: mongers on March 22, 2014, 04:56:50 PM
Saw World War Z - passable, not especially good ending, looked liked they'd tacked it on/made it up as an afterthought.

The ending was indeed tacked on. They weren't happy with the original one so they wrote and shot a different one.

Iormlund

Quote from: mongers on March 22, 2014, 04:56:50 PM

That happened to me when I saw Solomon and Sheba, shot at the outskirts of town 50 years ago. The place does not exist any more either, it was swallowed by the city in the last 15 years.

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ideologue

The costume designer on Hannibal deserves some serious accolades.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josephus

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 22, 2014, 12:53:17 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on March 22, 2014, 12:45:46 PM
I'm not convinced Emma Watson has that much talent as an actress.  Wallflower was incredibly dull and unconvincing.
They were initially going to cast Rupert Grint. So, you know, small blessings.

Actually saw the redhead in a movie about downed Allied and German pilots in Norway forced to work together to survive. He wasn't all that bad.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sheilbh

Quote from: Josephus on March 22, 2014, 05:43:03 PM
Actually saw the redhead in a movie about downed Allied and German pilots in Norway forced to work together to survive. He wasn't all that bad.
Okay.

I've not seen him in anything since that film about farting.

Watched the first episode of Inspector De Luca. I liked it. It was like a fascist Poirot (but an expensive Poirot when they're abroad) :mmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 22, 2014, 06:11:50 PM
I've not seen him in anything since that film about farting.

Harry Potter 8?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Rewatched X-Men First Class in anticipation of Days of Future Past. It's easily the best X-Men movie of the whole lot, and makes me regret Vaughn isn't doing "Days". It's just a whole lot of fun and cool, and has some good character work. The idea of mixing up the Cold War stuff with superheroes (already done in Watchmen, I know) it's just genius, plus Jennifer Lawrence's breasts.

mongers

Not sure where to put this, but next Saturday evening, 29th March there's a live radio broadcast of new H2G2 material or at least a radio play featuring some of the original characters and 'their' actors:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03xky8s