News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Watching "The Purge".  It's like Yi's utopia.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Quote from: Razgovory on March 20, 2014, 01:43:44 PM
Watching "The Purge".  It's like Yi's utopia.

You think so too?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 20, 2014, 01:44:02 PM
:face:

Quote from: Razgovory on July 29, 2013, 05:40:13 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 29, 2013, 05:32:36 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 29, 2013, 05:27:04 PM
A necessary evil?
Yes.
QuoteIf Slavery was a necessary evil, that it was required for our economy then would that change the dynamics?
Yes.
QuoteWhat if slaves were not owned by individuals but a communal resource?  Say they worked in Gulags owned by the state or were were rented out to people like prisoners were in late 19th century and early 20th?  Would it then be somehow different?
Yes.  Emancipation probably would have come earlier and without bloodshed.

Very interesting Yi.  Honestly didn't expect you to agree to that.

http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,10247.msg618250.html#msg618250
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

Did I add a Raz rule to the Languish drinking game yet?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 20, 2014, 04:08:42 PM
Did I add a Raz rule to the Languish drinking game yet?

Yeah, everytime Raz has sex with an attractive women you take a drink.  Everyone's been pretty parched.

Eddie Teach

Internet standards attractive or real world standards attractive?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Larch

Cities destroyed by Hollywood movies:

MadImmortalMan

What monster attacked Elko?  :huh:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Queequeg

27 hours until new Hannibal!  :licklips:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 20, 2014, 06:21:50 PM
And how are they counting the second Transformers movie?  Chicago was attacked. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 20, 2014, 05:12:32 PM
Internet standards attractive or real world standards attractive?

Raz standards, which are below real world standards.

katmai

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 20, 2014, 06:21:50 PM

I'm guessing they meant Tremors which was in fictional Nevada town. ?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadImmortalMan

Elko: +1 degree to Kevin Bacon

:P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers