News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

I thought it was quite interesting. Enjoyed it a lot.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

Watched the 2nd season of the Legend of Korra. The first five episodes were kind of a confused, angsty mess, but episodes six to fourteen were great, with the final four being absolutely epic.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 17, 2013, 11:23:51 PMI am often unfairly accused of being pro-anorexia, fining concentration camp inmates attractive, and the like.
For God's sake they're in a concentration camp already and you're going to fine them on top of that!?

You monster!  :mad:
[/quote]

I liked mine better.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Viking

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 18, 2013, 09:57:44 AM
Watched the 2nd season of the Legend of Korra. The first five episodes were kind of a confused, angsty mess, but episodes six to fourteen were great, with the final four being absolutely epic.

eh? have they got to 14?

aren't they still on 10?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

I didn't mind the TWD episode at all.

I think it is interesting seeing them try to rehab the governor.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Queequeg

I had mixed feelings. The Governor's characterization has been maddeningly inconsistent.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on November 18, 2013, 01:00:12 AM
starring Ed Harris (Captain Ed Harris), William Fichtner (Commander William Fichtner), and David Duchovny (evil rogue Soviet villain).

Hey, Ide actually poists a decent LOLer.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Berkut on November 18, 2013, 10:45:39 AM
I didn't mind the TWD episode at all.

I think it is interesting seeing them try to rehab the governor.

From the preview for next week, it looks like they might be setting him up to fall again.  I don see how he can ever be fully rehabilitated and have the show retain credibility.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on November 18, 2013, 07:20:56 AM
Walking Dead......I see what they tried to do but made for a boring show.

I suppose it might be boring if you thought the Govenor shouldnt be a main character and were just waiting for the final conflict/resolution.  But I quite enjoyed it.

Queequeg

Ide, what the hell do I have to do to convince you to watch Shivers?  It has a naked Lynn Lowry!
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 18, 2013, 12:33:14 PM
Quote from: Josephus on November 18, 2013, 07:20:56 AM
Walking Dead......I see what they tried to do but made for a boring show.

I suppose it might be boring if you thought the Govenor shouldnt be a main character and were just waiting for the final conflict/resolution.  But I quite enjoyed it.

Slowed the pace down after the  previous week's exciting episode. Like   said, I see what they tried to do, give some humanity to the guv., but I wasn't quite engrossed with it.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Quote from: Queequeg on November 18, 2013, 06:20:56 PM
Ide, what the hell do I have to do to convince you to watch Shivers?  It has a naked Lynn Lowry!

Nothin'.  It's probably perfect to see tonight:  I was gonna watch Videodrome (arrived today! :w00t: ) but I have to hold off because a friend's never seen it (because they're uncultured :( ).

After Blow Out, which also arrived, of course.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

crazy canuck

A new Dr. Who special is going to be on this weekend  :w00t:

CountDeMoney

My Dad, the binge viewer, has started Dexter.  Which season does it come off the rails?  I want to warn him about getting too emotionally invested.

Grey Fox

Midway thru 4 or 5 I'd say.

#2 is the best.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.