News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

King of New York.

Totally incoherent, but awesome soundtrack and early-90s urban fashion.  I thought of it as a two and a half hour Tribe Called Quest video.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Admiral Yi

The scene where David Caruso skull plants into a hydrant is pretty cool.

Sheilbh

I love King of New York. Greatest thing Berlusconi ever gave the world. Great, great film.
Let's bomb Russia!

Capetan Mihali

Abel Ferrara.  :)  King of NY is no Bad Lieutenant ('92), to be sure, but it's pretty great regardless.

To keep the mood, you need to queue up New Jack City next if you haven't seen it already.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Sheilbh

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 19, 2013, 06:41:22 PM
To keep the mood, you need to queue up New Jack City next if you haven't seen it already.
Outstanding film.
Let's bomb Russia!

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 19, 2013, 06:44:22 PM
Outstanding film.
Have you seen the original Bad Lieutenant?  Harvey Keitel as the aforementioned (really) bad cop, swimming in a sea of weird sex, drugs, hopeless sports gambling, and tortured Catholicism.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Queequeg

Abel Ferrara.  :)  King of NY is no Bad Lieutenant ('92), to be sure, but it's pretty great regardless.

I tried it, but found some of the initial humor annoying.  Will have to rewatch.  Late 80s-early 90s NY music and fashion is the fucking best. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ed Anger

Ide's movie assignment from me:

Class of 1999

It is on Crackle.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 19, 2013, 06:49:32 PM
Have you seen the original Bad Lieutenant?  Harvey Keitel as the aforementioned (really) bad cop, swimming in a sea of weird sex, drugs, hopeless sports gambling, and tortured Catholicism.
I haven't, alas. I need to because I loved the Herzog version.
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Olympus Has Fallen. Too much stupid.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 19, 2013, 06:58:44 PM
Ide's movie assignment from me:

Class of 1999

It is on Crackle.

Looked it up and it sounds rad. :D
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

With luck, they'll use the Gwen Stefani track as a theme song! :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney