Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Queequeg on October 03, 2013, 03:00:10 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 03, 2013, 07:08:15 AM
:hmm:

He's awesome in real life? Matt Damon's got shit on everyone & they are cozing up to his friends?
Matt Damon is an extremely talented actor, one of the best of his generation.

This is true.

I'll add, way way better than that ass-clown Ethan Hawke.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Damon & Affleck are both quite convincing as yobbos from Boston.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 03, 2013, 03:12:08 PM
Damon & Affleck are both quite convincing as yobbos from Boston.

I just watched that movie a couple days ago. Solid A.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 03, 2013, 03:18:27 PM
Movie? :unsure:

Really. What movie did those two act in protraying Boston yobbos?

Eddie Teach

11B4V

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on October 03, 2013, 03:21:27 PM
Really. What movie did those two act in protraying Boston yobbos?

Good Will Hunting.

Liep

Watching the Internship. 2 hours Google commercial interspersed with every Vince Vaughn/Owen Wilson stereotype/cliche.

2 was-the-Wedding-Crashers-only-good-because-it-had-Rachel-McAdams-smiling-a-lot-in-it? out of 10.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Matt Damon looks annoying.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on October 03, 2013, 05:04:56 PM
2 was-the-Wedding-Crashers-only-good-because-it-had-Rachel-McAdams-smiling-a-lot-in-it? out of 10.

How big was her ass?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Liep on October 03, 2013, 05:04:56 PM

Topless Jane Seymour has to count for something.

Viking

Quote from: katmai on October 03, 2013, 02:38:38 PM
Quote from: Viking on October 03, 2013, 02:34:38 PM
Quote from: katmai on October 03, 2013, 01:20:08 PM
Quote from: viper37 on October 03, 2013, 01:15:56 PM
Quote from: Viking on October 02, 2013, 10:38:46 PM
WHEDON'S Agents of S.E.R.E.N.I.T.Y Season 2 Ep 2 plot summary
I'm beginning to think this might be the weakest of Whedon's work so far.
Eh besides the pilot he is now just EP, the day to day and writing are his Brother and Sister in law.

Yeah, the Brother who wrote Memento and The Dark Knight.

Wha?

sorry, wait, I fucked up, you are right I was wrong. I was mixing up Brother Nolan with Brother Whedon.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ideologue

Jerk friend blew me off for Gravity.  I'm pretty peeved.  May go see it by myself, but I'm tempted just to stay home and watch Grand Prix.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on October 02, 2013, 02:00:06 PM

Also, there is a CIA analyst who may be my favorite female character in just about any movie, who talks to computers and tells her boss "This is exactly what led to the downfall of the Hittite Empire!"  Marry me, fictional lady. :wub:

Spellus' mother!? :o
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point