Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

'Mean Streets' - a Scorsese I had gotten around to seeing before :gasp:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Tried to watch The Last Temptation of Christ on Seedy's say-so but found it too ridiculous.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 21, 2013, 09:28:34 PM
Tried to watch The Last Temptation of Christ on Seedy's say-so but found it too ridiculous.

It's a hoot when it's on TBN. The pledge scroll at the bottom of the screen while Pilate washes his hands amuses me.

Edit: whoops. I'm thinking of the Mel Gibson movie.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

I like Passion of the Christ.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josephus

Mama.

Overall i thought it was a pretty decent ghost flick
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 21, 2013, 09:28:34 PM

Judas really did have a Brooklyn accent, you know.  HOW YOUSE DOIN, JESUS

CountDeMoney

Ideologue

I didn't masturbate.

Thought I might not get to, but it turns out +1 was in fact released on VOD yesterday.  I got the time to watch it this afternoon.  It's really very good.  It's a time travel movie that takes place at a college party, so olds with particularly sensitive and melancholic dispositions may consider themselves warned.  But despite that, if it's Can't Hardly Wait vs. Primer, Primer wins.

B+

Full write-up: I'm usually less one, these days
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

The geezer show. Bastogne. Do yanks sit in the woods? Not the most exciting episode.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Bastogne was not a very exciting battle.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 22, 2013, 01:58:02 PM
Bastogne was not a very exciting battle.

I'm sure the particpants would disagree.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Darth Wagtaros

Yi obviously hasn't see the movie.
PDH!

Habbaku

Quote from: The Brain on September 22, 2013, 12:58:35 PM
The geezer show. Bastogne. Do yanks sit in the woods? Not the most exciting episode.

Have you really not figured out who the geezers are?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Quote from: Habbaku on September 22, 2013, 06:49:26 PM
Quote from: The Brain on September 22, 2013, 12:58:35 PM

Have you really not figured out who the geezers are?

Americans?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Looks like Walt just [spoiler]added Gray Matter Technologies to the final tab list.  Good.

Although, I don't understand why he gave away his location to the DEA, unless he just wanted to let them think he wasn't going back to New Mexico.[/spoiler]