And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 11, 2013, 06:37:25 PM
Dude, you have no grounds to talk.

Unless the protagonist was Jamie Madrox, I'm pretty sure the line "Great throwaway scene of the protagonist cheating on himself with his girlfriend, doggystyle" doesn't make any sense.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Started watching the last Season of Futurama.  Man, this show really does deserve to be cancelled.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

If it's reminiscent of Dr Horrible, it can't be that bad.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on September 10, 2013, 01:49:01 PM
To Money:

[spoiler]Recalling that Pinkman's cooks are about as good as Walt's, here's a wild guess: the best way out for Walt once the Panzerarmee showed up is to sell Pinkman into meth slavery to Lydia.  The M60 and ricin stuff?  That's Walt on his way to get Jesse back.  It's the old redemption arc.  Realizing how he's harmed his own family--because Hank's dead as an MRF--he'll come back around to being a quasi-good dude. :hmm: [/spoiler]

I disagree.  [spoiler]This will be a tragedy in the classical sense.  There will be no redemption.[/spoiler]

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 11, 2013, 12:22:35 AM
Just watched Zero Dark Thirty.  I was expecting a lot, lot more.

Did not care for that film at all.  Lot of scenes where people are doing stuff and I have no idea why.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josephus

Quote from: The Brain on September 10, 2013, 03:05:24 PM
Continued Band of Brothers. They're gonna have the geezers begin every episode? Breaks immersion.

do you not have an FF button?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

I've watched a couple episodes of Shark Tank.  Hopeful young entrepeneurs pitch their ideas to a panel of investors in the hopes of attracting venture capital.  Mildly entertaining, and an ossum commentary on our society.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 11, 2013, 10:55:46 PM
I've watched a couple episodes of Shark Tank.  Hopeful young entrepeneurs pitch their ideas to a panel of investors in the hopes of attracting venture capital.  Mildly entertaining, and an ossum commentary on our society.

I prefer Dragons' Den.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Berkut

Just got caught up on the second season of The Newsroom. I really like that show, even if it is a bit heavy handed and obvious. Sorkin does great dialogue, and while the message is applied with a spatula, it is a message I mostly agree with, which makes it a bit easier to take.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Scipio

Quote from: Ideologue on September 11, 2013, 06:40:54 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 11, 2013, 06:37:25 PM
Dude, you have no grounds to talk.

Unless the protagonist was Jamie Madrox, I'm pretty sure the line "Great throwaway scene of the protagonist cheating on himself with his girlfriend, doggystyle" doesn't make any sense.
Ah, that's because you haven't seen the movie.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

derspiess

My kid has been watching Sanjay and Craig on Nickelodeon.  Pretty damned funny for a kids show.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on September 12, 2013, 12:15:56 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 11, 2013, 10:55:46 PM

I prefer Dragons' Den.

My business plan:

1. Kill Dragons

2. Steal Hoard

3. Profit!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

11B4V

Quote from: The Brain on September 10, 2013, 03:05:24 PM
Continued Band of Brothers. They're gonna have the geezers begin every episode? Breaks immersion.

Yes and watch it. Compliments the the whole series. Watch and respect.

Those units didnt do one year rotations. They were there till the job was done. 
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

I skipped the geezers when I watched it.

Neil

Quote from: Berkut on September 12, 2013, 01:41:25 AM
Just got caught up on the second season of The Newsroom. I really like that show, even if it is a bit heavy handed and obvious. Sorkin does great dialogue, and while the message is applied with a spatula, it is a message I mostly agree with, which makes it a bit easier to take.
I've been watching through it too (I'm a few episodes in), and I'm kinda shocked by how little I care about this Maggie character.  I can understand how her roommate must be exhausted from all her drama.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.