Grey Fox

I watch the geezers, sometimes I cry.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 12, 2013, 10:58:35 AM
I watch the geezers, sometimes I cry.

Hey, I do that whenever I see geezers.

Reason: one day, I'll be one, if I live that long.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Larch

I liked the interviews in "The Pacific" for the episode where they go to Australia for r&r. You could see how they were remembering it all.  :lol:

The Brain

Quote from: Josephus on September 11, 2013, 09:26:06 PM
Quote from: The Brain on September 10, 2013, 03:05:24 PM
Continued Band of Brothers. They're gonna have the geezers begin every episode? Breaks immersion.

do you not have an FF button?

It wore out after the 2 hour opening credits of The Pacific.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I really liked the BoB interviews. Yes, the series is slightly fictionalized, I guess, but it doesn't diminish that yes, those people were there and went through a lot of that shit. Just like Buchheim's Das Boot (the book) was largely based on his own experience.

I still haven't watched The Pacific in its entirety. I quit after the first two episodes. I watch Thin Red Line now and then, though. :wub:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

I skip the Bastogne episodes. BORING
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 12, 2013, 12:28:47 PM

The medication is really starting to get to you. 

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 12, 2013, 12:28:47 PM

The French nurse is pretty easy on the eyes IIRC.

Grey Fox

She's Belgian! (well, the character).
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2013, 08:28:40 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 10, 2013, 01:49:01 PM
To Money:

[spoiler]Recalling that Pinkman's cooks are about as good as Walt's, here's a wild guess: the best way out for Walt once the Panzerarmee showed up is to sell Pinkman into meth slavery to Lydia.  The M60 and ricin stuff?  That's Walt on his way to get Jesse back.  It's the old redemption arc.  Realizing how he's harmed his own family--because Hank's dead as an MRF--he'll come back around to being a quasi-good dude. :hmm: [/spoiler]

I disagree.  [spoiler]This will be a tragedy in the classical sense.  There will be no redemption.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Back-up prediction: jailbreak for Jessie and/or Skyler.  Back-up back-up: full-scale domestic terrorism. :lol: [/spoiler]
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Scipio on September 12, 2013, 06:11:32 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 11, 2013, 06:40:54 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 11, 2013, 06:37:25 PM
Dude, you have no grounds to talk.

Unless the protagonist was Jamie Madrox, I'm pretty sure the line "Great throwaway scene of the protagonist cheating on himself with his girlfriend, doggystyle" doesn't make any sense.
Ah, that's because you haven't seen the movie.

OK, you have piqued my interest.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

Otto Sander, lead actor in Wender's Wings of Desire and Faraway, So Close has died. :(

To Languish readers he might be best known for this role, though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWebICKVWew

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.