News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 08, 2013, 09:26:00 PM
After finishing the latest Breaking bad...

[spoiler]Going to be hard to see how Hank and Gomez are going to pull out of that Butch/Sandance...but if you're going to kill a couple major characters, you need to do that before the episode ends, not right at the start of a new one.  Doesn't anyone learn from Iron Eagle II?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Yeah, I don't know how they're going to get out of this one.  And even if they do, I think Walt's got bigger problems now:  neo-Nazis, and they're all standing on top of his cash.  Maybe they're who the M-60 will be for?

Fucking Pinkman.  Coward.  :mad:[/spoiler]

Ideologue

Blargh.  I wonder how long the Amazon delay is.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Mala Noche. Utter garbage. Worst photo I have ever seen in film. No script.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Savonarola

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 09, 2013, 12:29:20 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on September 08, 2013, 07:17:49 PM
Distant Drums

How is it you are finding all the movies I loved as a kid?

I've been trying to watch some movies about my new home state.  Did you watch only 50s films set in Florida as a child?  :unsure:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

crazy canuck

Quote from: Savonarola on September 09, 2013, 02:57:30 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 09, 2013, 12:29:20 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on September 08, 2013, 07:17:49 PM
Distant Drums

How is it you are finding all the movies I loved as a kid?

I've been trying to watch some movies about my new home state.  Did you watch only 50s films set in Florida as a child?  :unsure:

These sorts of movies were standard fare during the 70s on the weekend at the movies time slots. 

The Brain

Started watching Band of Brothers. Schwimmer, nooooo!!! :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on September 09, 2013, 04:31:31 PM

:lol:

That was my first reaction when I first saw the show.  But keeping watching it gets much better.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 09, 2013, 04:51:08 PM

That was my first reaction when I first saw the show.  But keeping watching it gets much better.
Maybe the Brain actually feels bad for Schwimmer's character?  :hmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

crazy canuck

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 09, 2013, 05:06:51 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on September 09, 2013, 04:51:08 PM

Maybe the Brain actually feels bad for Schwimmer's character?  :hmm:

Either way it gets much better

Josephus

[spoiler]Pinkman will save Walt...or vice-versa perhaps? More has to come out of this than a Breaking Bad version of the Red Wedding.[/spoiler]
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on September 09, 2013, 05:50:25 PM
[spoiler]Pinkman will save Walt...or vice-versa perhaps? More has to come out of this than a Breaking Bad version of the Red Wedding.[/spoiler]
It would be helpful to know roughly what you are talking about without having to look behind the redaction.  :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 09, 2013, 06:12:20 PM
Quote from: Josephus on September 09, 2013, 05:50:25 PM
It would be helpful to know roughly what you are talking about without having to look behind the redaction.  :P

It's like a spoiler claymore.   :lol:

Josquius

The Purge- So the only thing stopping half the population murdering people is the law? OK then.
Nice, silly idea; one night a year the US government throws out all the laws and lets people do whatever the hell they want, this somehow has the effect not of causing massive destruction but instead of improving things by killing the homeless and poor and keeping unemployment and crime down.
The film....its OK. Though a bit on the dark side. Considering it takes place at night and the power going off makes sense in the context this is fair enough from a realism POV but it does make watching it in a well lit room somewhat of a chore.

QuoteQuote from: The Brain on Today at 04:31:31 pm

I wonder if it was intentional, gets the audience thinking about him the same way as the troops.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on September 09, 2013, 07:11:28 PM
I wonder if it was intentional, gets the audience thinking about him the same way as the troops.

That he'll finally hook up with Rachel after they hit Normandy?  No, I don't think so.