Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Savonarola on September 05, 2013, 12:40:26 PM
Hypocrites (1915)

Early sound film directed by Lois Weber,
I thought sound didn't come into film until 1928? Or was that just talking?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Savonarola

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 05, 2013, 06:09:57 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on September 05, 2013, 12:40:26 PM
Hypocrites (1915)

Early sound film directed by Lois Weber,
I thought sound didn't come into film until 1928? Or was that just talking?

My mistake, it was an early silent film.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

Did it echo the sound of silence?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Robocop reboot trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBeSfnIT_Bw

That doesn't look very interesting.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

lustindarkness

Riddick, good sci fi with simple story, violence, nudity, and a few humorous moments. Like a well done sci fi B movie.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Syt

It's coming to IMAX here, and I plan to see that one. From the trailer I expect what you describe.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

The Frozen Ground-Went to see it as my dad worked on it, and have been interested in case since i was little kid and use to frequent the Bakery owned by Robert Hansen. C+/B-

The Worlds End I'd rank it third behind Hot Fuzz and Shaun for the Trilogy B
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on September 05, 2013, 10:57:58 PM
Robocop reboot trailer:

Seems it will suck harder than the Total Recall remake. Mind you, I didn't see the new Red Dawn.

Syt

Red Dawn has Chris Hemsworth, though, so it might get lifted a bit by hammy acting. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

Red Dawn was defined by Milius, not by his wannabee teenage actors.  :glare:
The new one got a theatrical release in France at the end of August but won't last long. I would not bet on it being still there in Paris by mid-September.

Syt

:unsure:

It's already out on blu ray here.
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

I wonder, since they were planning on making so much more money with its release in China by changing all the baddies to North Koreans, do they subtract the losses from counterfeit copies for sale in Hong Kong?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on September 06, 2013, 06:31:31 AM
:unsure:

It's already out on blu ray here.

Infamous Germanic crappy movie taste at its best
Not missing much though it will show up there three months after the cinema release.

Duque de Bragança

DVD Counterfeiting or any counterfeiting for that matter is way worse in mainland China (Number one) than Hk, Macau and Taiwan anyways.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Syt on September 05, 2013, 10:57:58 PM
Robocop reboot trailer:

Holy shit that looks terrible.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.