Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on September 07, 2013, 10:32:38 AM
I hope so.  You don't deserve him. :angry:

And people give me shit about my Costner Crush.  :rolleyes:

I think it's just because Hawke and Ide share the same ability to grow facial hair: like a 15 year old Latino busboy.

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on September 07, 2013, 01:33:36 PM
I don't get the picture of Schwimmer?

Pining over lost lesbian love.  If only he'd been stronger, faster, or had night vision.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on September 07, 2013, 10:19:53 AM

Yeah you really are a shitty movie reviewer. It is possible that you just might have tainted Ethan. :cry:
Ide is brilliant!  :mad:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 07, 2013, 06:53:24 PM

Yeah you really are a shitty movie reviewer. It is possible that you just might have tainted Ethan. :cry:

Case: rested.

Eddie Teach

The man thinks Days of Thunder was a great movie. He's clearly fallible
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Ouch.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on September 07, 2013, 06:40:17 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 07, 2013, 01:33:36 PM
I don't get the picture of Schwimmer?
Pining over lost lesbian love.  If only he'd been stronger, faster, or had night vision.
He got over the lesbian pretty fast.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Iirc between the breakdown of the relationship and him moving on definitively (i.e., dating Rachel) was like three years.  Most famously there was that time that they had a threesome during which he ate a sandwich.

And in a way he never really got over it, because he had to see her all the time and it was always extremely depressing, and Carol damaged him so much that he continually sabotaged his relationships with Julie, Rachel, Bonnie, Rachel, Emily, Rachel, Elizabeth, Mona, and Rachel (one assumes).  Ross Geller is all fucked up.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

Yeah, I see your point.  But he stopped pining over her after the first episode, even if her effects linger on.  Instead he spent the rest of the series pining over his first love, to one degree or another.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

I guess I coulda gone with Ben Affleck.

Anyway, I finally caught with the Breaking Bad.  Except maybe the last one aired (I'm watching via Amazon).  [spoiler]Jesse's gonna fuck that Boomer up...  Er, don't tell me if Walt's already killed him. :lol: [/spoiler]
Kinemalogue

Savonarola

Distant Drums

This film is set during the Seminole Wars in Florida, but otherwise is entirely a paint-by-numbers Western.  Gary Cooper is the rough frontiersman :alberta: with a dead wife, Richard Webb is the civilized soldier from out east, Mari Aldon is the damsel in distress with a mysterious past, and Richard Barrat is General Zachary Taylor who leads the cavalry (which is played by the infantry in this film.)

The real star of the film is the Everglades and the Castillo St. Marco.  Many films set in Florida are shot elsewhere; this one was shot on location and it pays off in the lush scenery.  The Seminoles in the film are even actual Seminoles.

(The television show "I Dream of Jeanie" is supposed to be set in Cocoa Beach, just up the road from where I live now.  It's amusing to watch it today and see the mountains in what is supposed to be coastal Florida.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on September 08, 2013, 08:43:09 AM
Anyway, I finally caught with the Breaking Bad.  Except maybe the last one aired (I'm watching via Amazon).  [spoiler]Jesse's gonna fuck that Boomer up...  Er, don't tell me if Walt's already killed him. :lol: [/spoiler]

[spoiler]That would be disappointing. The Law or Cancer beating Walt would be reasonable outcomes. Being taken out by a pissant like Jesse would be a let-down. It does happen(see Jesse James) but it's not what I like in a story.[/spoiler]
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

After finishing the latest Breaking bad...

[spoiler]Going to be hard to see how Hank and Gomez are going to pull out of that Butch/Sandance...but if you're going to kill a couple major characters, you need to do that before the episode ends, not right at the start of a new one.  Doesn't anyone learn from Iron Eagle II?[/spoiler]

...fired up Total Recall from the dvr...not looking like I'll finish it.

Razgovory

Quote from: Savonarola on September 08, 2013, 07:17:49 PM
Distant Drums

This film is set during the Seminole Wars in Florida, but otherwise is entirely a paint-by-numbers Western.  Gary Cooper is the rough frontiersman :alberta: with a dead wife, Richard Webb is the civilized soldier from out east, Mari Aldon is the damsel in distress with a mysterious past, and Richard Barrat is General Zachary Taylor who leads the cavalry (which is played by the infantry in this film.)

The real star of the film is the Everglades and the Castillo St. Marco.  Many films set in Florida are shot elsewhere; this one was shot on location and it pays off in the lush scenery.  The Seminoles in the film are even actual Seminoles.

(The television show "I Dream of Jeanie" is supposed to be set in Cocoa Beach, just up the road from where I live now.  It's amusing to watch it today and see the mountains in what is supposed to be coastal Florida.)

I think that's the first movie to use the Wilhelm scream.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 08, 2013, 09:26:00 PM
...fired up Total Recall from the dvr...not looking like I'll finish it.

That is correct.
Kinemalogue