News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I so miss the young Katie Holmes.  What a cutie she was, before she became a beard.

Brazen

I want to get a box set of a TV series I haven't watched yet from the second hand store. Game Of Thrones, Breaking Bad or A. N. Other?

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Quote from: Brazen on August 09, 2013, 05:31:46 AM
I want to get a box set of a TV series I haven't watched yet from the second hand store. Game Of Thrones, Breaking Bad or A. N. Other?

Avatar the Last Airbender - 8.9 rating on imdb and is surprisingly adult in themes.

btw, for other suggestions imdbs list of 40 show to watch before you die http://www.imdb.com/list/RNdurJcLRc0/?ref_=tt_rls_1 (I endorse everything on that list I've watched except the newsroom)
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

Safety Not Guaranteed. Fun movie.

viper37

Breaking bad is at its last season, I think.  Why not wait one more year and buy the whole thing?
GoT is very, very good tv.  3 seasons so far, at least 3 more coming.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on August 09, 2013, 08:16:18 AM
Breaking bad is at its last season, I think.  Why not wait one more year and buy the whole thing?

Better yet, watch it on Netflix.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Neither.  Wait until both those series have finished then pick them up and watch the whole thing.

While you are waiting you pick up Bablyon 5 if you can find it - then send it to me after you finish watching it.  I cant find the damn thing anywhere without paying a ridiculous amount of money.

Syt

Or get Farscape. Since you enjoy Dr Who I presume the muppet work (which can be a bit bad in the first season) won't scare you off.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on August 09, 2013, 10:58:01 AM
Or get Farscape. Since you enjoy Dr Who I presume the muppet work (which can be a bit bad in the first season) won't scare you off.

Good suggestion.  That used to be on Netflix but it is now gone,  along with Yes Minister.  I hate when that happens.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 09, 2013, 10:37:39 AM

Neither.  Wait until both those series have finished then pick them up and watch the whole thing.

While you are waiting you pick up Bablyon 5 if you can find it - then send it to me after you finish watching it.  I cant find the damn thing anywhere without paying a ridiculous amount of money.
I got it, but I have one or 2 discs damaged.

Let's see if I can find replacements, then provided a 30 page contract + shipping fees or a trip from you to my village (if you wait for me to visit Vancouver, you'll be in a nursing home by then :D ), I'll lend them to you ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Liep on August 08, 2013, 09:22:37 AM
I saw State of Play yesterday.

Predictable, decent acting, clichés, Rachel McAdams. 4/10
The TV series is far, far better. It also features (another) magnificent Bill Nighy performance :mmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

McAdams alone makes a film at least worth a five.