News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: CdMFriends was a good show and had some pop in its writing until Ross and Rachel finally hooked up.  Like, really.  As if that would ever fucking happen IRL.

Reasonably decent-looking college professor living high off the student loan gravy train bagging a waitress with no real job skills?  Probably has been done.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2013, 02:41:52 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 09, 2013, 02:31:56 PM
Friends was a fine show.

Friends was a good show and had some pop in its writing until Ross and Rachel finally hooked up.  Like, really.  As if that would ever fucking happen IRL.

I agree, a guy a good tenure track job in academia hooking up with a waitress? Wouldn't happen. He would have stayed with the english chick who shared his interests and values.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Admiral Yi

I'm surrounded by soap opera homos.  :(

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on August 09, 2013, 02:26:46 PM
I want to see it and it's not showing anywhere in Columbia or even SC, but the taiga dweller can go watch it on a whim and probably won't.  WTF is this shit?

Nope. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 09, 2013, 02:46:48 PM
I'm surrounded by soap opera homos.  :(

This should be in Everyday Adventures.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 09, 2013, 02:33:44 PM
Friends was passable entertainment when you had nothing else to do, on the order of 3rd Rock From The Sun.  Hardly a show you have to watch before you die.

Yi's got the right sense of it.  Friends was passable.  I've probably seen every episode due to the near-constant syndicated reruns that at one point ruled the airwaves, but I doubt I ever sought it out.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on August 09, 2013, 02:44:15 PM
Quote from: CdMFriends was a good show and had some pop in its writing until Ross and Rachel finally hooked up.  Like, really.  As if that would ever fucking happen IRL.

Reasonably decent-looking college professor living high off the student loan gravy train bagging a waitress with no real job skills?  Probably has been done.

There is no way in holy hell or on God's green earth that a Jennifer Aniston would voluntarily, willfully and knowingly ever hook up with a David Schwimmer.  Just would not happen.

Unfortunately, it did happen on television, thus paving the way for other IRL Impossibilities such as King of Queens, According to Jim, Everybody Loves Raymond, and The George Lopez Show in the You-Gotta-Be-Kidding-Me-Really sitcom matchups that would never, ever occur in reality.

Ed Anger

I felt sorry for Ray Romano's character. An eternity spent with a red headed nag

:(

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 09, 2013, 02:56:55 PM
I felt sorry for Ray Romano's character. An eternity spent with a red headed nag

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Yeah that would be just horrible.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2013, 02:54:54 PM
Unfortunately, it did happen on television, thus paving the way for other IRL Impossibilities such as King of Queens, According to Jim, Everybody Loves Raymond, and The George Lopez Show in the You-Gotta-Be-Kidding-Me-Really sitcom matchups that would never, ever occur in reality.

You forgot Jim Belushi's ultrapussy.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Brain on August 09, 2013, 02:58:33 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 09, 2013, 02:56:55 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Yeah that would be just horrible.

I saw what you did there.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 09, 2013, 02:59:15 PM

You forgot Jim Belushi's ultrapussy.
According to Jim

Admiral Yi

My bad.

You're still a homo.