Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Be glad I'm not writing obtuse reviews on them.  IT SUCKED B+

frunk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2013, 02:54:54 PM
There is no way in holy hell or on God's green earth that a Jennifer Aniston would voluntarily, willfully and knowingly ever hook up with a David Schwimmer.  Just would not happen.

Unfortunately, it did happen on television, thus paving the way for other IRL Impossibilities such as King of Queens, According to Jim, Everybody Loves Raymond, and The George Lopez Show in the You-Gotta-Be-Kidding-Me-Really sitcom matchups that would never, ever occur in reality.

What, did you completely blank on the Honeymooners, Flintstones, Jetsons, and many other shows before Friends where the schlub gets the beautiful dame?

Admiral Yi

The Honeymooners, hot wife?  Really?

Viking

There is no way in holy hell or on God's green earth that a Jennifer Aniston would voluntarily, willfully and knowingly ever hook up with a David Schwimmer.  Just would not happen.

Well, he did, in real life, date Natali Imbruglia :contract:

Edit: who, btw, is evidence that my long hair thesis is bs as she is very much hotter with shorter hair.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

frunk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 09, 2013, 03:23:36 PM

Compared to Jackie Gleason and Art Carney, hell yeah.

Admiral Yi

Just thought of much, much  better examples for you frunk: The Dick Van Dyke Show and Bewitched.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 09, 2013, 03:23:36 PM

After a quick hit on google image search, if you put aside the frumpy 50s-era housewife clothes, she was indeed a looker.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Barrister

The more I think about it, I can't think of any lead actress on a sitcom who wasn't attractive.

Well, besides Roseanne.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Viking

BTW, from the remakes

flintstones

Wilma

Betty

honeymooners

Alice

trixie

sorry, but Rosie O'Donnell and Celia Hodes from Weeds is not supporting the super hott females with ugly men on tv trope

Edit: I am aware that I just shot myself in the foot using movie actresses to make a point about tv actresses.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on August 09, 2013, 03:39:43 PM
The more I think about it, I can't think of any lead actress on a sitcom who wasn't attractive.

Well, besides Roseanne.

Lucille Ball.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Viking on August 09, 2013, 03:40:48 PM
sorry, but Rosie O'Donnell and Celia Hodes from Weeds is not supporting the super hott females with ugly men on tv trope

Pretty sure frunk was talking about the cartoons.  And without a doubt Betty and Mrs. Jetson were solid looking babes.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ideologue on August 09, 2013, 02:44:15 PM
Quote from: CdMFriends was a good show and had some pop in its writing until Ross and Rachel finally hooked up.  Like, really.  As if that would ever fucking happen IRL.

Reasonably decent-looking college professor living high off the student loan gravy train bagging a waitress with no real job skills?  Probably has been done.

Unfortunately, it did happen on television, thus paving the way for other IRL Impossibilities such as King of Queens, According to Jim, Everybody Loves Raymond, and The George Lopez Show in the You-Gotta-Be-Kidding-Me-Really sitcom matchups that would never, ever occur in reality.

Would the dude from Silver Spoons have a shot with Erin Gray if you took away his millions? :hmm:

Viking

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 09, 2013, 04:02:56 PM

Would the dude from Silver Spoons have a shot with Erin Gray if you took away his millions? :hmm:

That depends, does he have a space ship?